Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Now that the dust is settling,ARE WE better this year? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=74752)

SoCalFan 08-04-2011 12:06 PM

Now that the dust is settling,ARE WE better this year?

I think we will be better due to players being a bit healthier.Im also questioning if other teams in the:afc:have gotten that much better?What is your predicted outcome for the season?Im predicting 12-4 and another trip to a divisional playoff game and after that???In honor of Cowher "lets go,,,,lets go"!!!:tt03:

BIGNASTY91 08-04-2011 01:10 PM

Re: Now that the dust is settling,ARE WE better this year?

I think we are gonna be better than we were last year! If all goes well im looking at 13-3, but looking at the schedule it could be better than that! :tap:

thumper 08-04-2011 02:33 PM

I don't know what you guys are looking at. How many WRs are even
practicing, I mean, ones who will make the roster? Sanders just
had foot surgery. He is starting to look like a guy who can't stay healthy.
Hines is out with the thumb. OL is in shambles. If we played today, what
would our OL look like?

Scott Legs Pouncy Foster Colon

That is probably the worst starting OL in the NFL.

Nothing has been done to improve a secondary that GB showed the WORLD
how to dissect. Nothing.

But you guys think we are BETTER? We had a perfect storm that allowed
us to make the SB last year, mainly Jets beating a NE team that would have
trashed us,easily.

I am still holding out that a few player will be added, because as things stand,
we are looking at non-contending season.

Fire Arians 08-04-2011 02:45 PM

OL isn't in shambles, actually I think it's better off than it was late in the season last year when we had literally everyone banged up except kemo. pouncey being back is huge, and i think scott really did a good job toward the end of the season.

the jury is still out on sanders, it's the same injury he's had from the super bowl and is expected to be ready to practice in a few weeks. saying he's injury prone at this point is a little unfair don't you think?

the secondary i would agree with you as of now. lewis has had another year to learn the system (taking him long enough though), and butler has a chance to fight for a starting spot. curtis brown has some potential, im hoping we can get one of our rookies or 2nd year man to bump gay from the nickel spot.

steeltheone 08-04-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 934376)
would our OL look like?

how to dissect. Nothing.

trashed us,easily.

I am still holding out that a few player will be added, because as things stand,

Very good post...I believe we can beat anybody on any certain day...But a team with a franchise QB will be a big hill to climb...I believe too that the Jets beating NE was our ticket to the big game...

Steelersfan87 08-04-2011 02:48 PM

I see thumper is the resident optimist of the forum. The Steelers didn't change much from last year and they were in the super bowl, so why would that lead you to believe that they will be non-contending? It's still too early to really say what has improved or regressed, but it seems that Keenan Lewis has a reasonable shot at being the new nickel back, which should improve the secondary. There is also a lot of potential in Crezdon Butler and Curtis Brown to provide depth. Maurkice Pouncey should be even better this year than last year, and the better a center is, the better a line is as a whole. Jonathan Scott finished off the season relatively strong. I really don't see his second half performance as much of a dropoff from what Max Starks offered. Willie Colon left 09 as probably a top ten right tackle, and he now has not only a nice, new contract, but a chip on his shoulder. There's no reason to believe he won't man the RT position at least on par with Flozell's performance from last year. There are seemingly multiple options at both guard spots. Competition is always good. Who knows? It could be Keith Williams and Doug Legursky by the time the season starts. Kemo's frequent mental lapses would not be missed. Mike Wallace will be entering his second year as a starter. His trajectory is still very much upward. Emmanuel Sanders should be fine and will be more integral to the offense this year than last year. Same with Brown. Anything from Sweed is simply a plus. Ward's thumb injury should not be an issue at all and will probably be back in practice today or tomorrow.

BIGNASTY91 08-04-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 934376)
would our OL look like?

how to dissect. Nothing.

trashed us,easily.

Every year its the same ole thing. Oline sucks, Secondary sucks and so on. Our Oline was riddled with injury last year and we looked pretty da** good to me. Our young CB's in camp are showing some good things! As far as last year went, i was actually wanting the Patriots last year. We coulda had them, just like we are gonna get em this year at home! As for the SB yea we played like sh*t, and still had a chance to beat them! From a casual look inside it doesnt look good, but if you look a lil deeper into things it really dont look all that bad! :tt03:

Fire Arians 08-04-2011 02:55 PM

Limas Sweed will have 1000 yards receiving this year!

steeltheone 08-04-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 934388)
Limas Sweed will have 1000 yards receiving this year!

That my friend would be huge!

SteelCityMom 08-04-2011 03:36 PM

I think we are in some areas...others not.

I think we'll be better in OL this year...as long as they stay relatively healthy. Ben had one of his best seasons behind that line, so I feel comfortable with it (as long as they stay healthy!).

I wouldn't say we're worse off in CB, but I don't think they did enough to fix the problems. Hopefully they'll fix it in the gameplanning, but I'm not holding my breath.

All other positions (outside of Kicker, since I'm not 100% sure yet who that's going to be) I expect to be about the same.