Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   J. Scott and Ramon Foster carted off during practice (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=74866)

DanRooney 08-06-2011 06:07 PM

J. Scott and Ramon Foster carted off during practice

Reminds me of last year all over again. We have ZERO LTs remaining unless you count (wait for it)...Tony Hills :tt03: :chuckle:

Update:
Injuries mounting in Latrobe: Limas Sweed shoulder, Jonathan Scott ankle
Injuries are mounting in Latrobe today: Jim Wexell said that Limas Sweed has a separated shoulder, wrapped in ice. Jonathan Scott was carted off with an ankle injury. Tomlin said he doesn't believe they are serious injuries. Also Ramon Foster left with an ankle injury, believed also to not be serious at this point.

Also Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen are out with hamstrings. Crezdon Butler did not practice.

Adam Mims left with a hamstring injury.

theplatypus 08-06-2011 06:36 PM

Re: J. Scott and Ramon Foster carted off during practice

So according to Tomlin none of the injuries are believed to be serious, but you've spun it into this massive sky is falling event.

Fire Arians 08-06-2011 06:48 PM

although none of the injuries are serious im wondering what the hell is going on with all these injuries, the damn season hasnt even started yet and people are getting nicked up.

lack of a full training camp possibly? seems like other teams have similar issues

theplatypus 08-06-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 934794)
although none of the injuries are serious im wondering what the hell is going on with all these injuries, the damn season hasnt even started yet and people are getting nicked up.

lack of a full training camp possibly? seems like other teams have similar issues

I'm sure that has an awful lot to do with it. It's really not all that uncommon even in a normal year. Every year there are a small mountain of ankle sprains and hamstrings. It's really just a matter of how severe, can they practice through it or need a couple of days.

steeltheone 08-06-2011 08:18 PM

Well atleast none of the names mentioned have amounted to anything yet...Easier to replace!

tanda10506 08-06-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanRooney (Post 934787)
Reminds me of last year all over again. We have ZERO LTs remaining unless you count (wait for it)...Tony Hills :tt03: :chuckle:

Update:
Injuries mounting in Latrobe: Limas Sweed shoulder, Jonathan Scott ankle
Injuries are mounting in Latrobe today: Jim Wexell said that Limas Sweed has a separated shoulder, wrapped in ice. Jonathan Scott was carted off with an ankle injury. Tomlin said he doesn't believe they are serious injuries. Also Ramon Foster left with an ankle injury, believed also to not be serious at this point.

Also Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen are out with hamstrings. Crezdon Butler did not practice.

Adam Mims left with a hamstring injury.

So the guys on the worst part of our team (O line) are already getting hurt (serious or not) and the guys we drafted to make an improvement to the 2nd worst part of our team (CB) have hamstring injuries? Wonderful. Tomlin can say they are not serious, and maybe now they are not, but there is hardly any depth on the O line and a lot of times injuries get reaggrivated. I don't want to be negative, it's just that last year I could not see how we went as far as we did with our line, half of them injured and most of them not good, and now it seems to be starting before the season starts. I don't like it.

Wallabeast17 08-06-2011 08:43 PM

Even if they are "not serious" you can't help but be alarmed...:injured:

Rick5895 08-06-2011 09:15 PM

Just what we need, another "sky is falling" thread. All the chicken little types need to relax, every team is going through this right now. Its training camp and this happens,. Especially since there were no ota's. The lockout left players to there own devices and young guys just haven't learned how to prepare themselves. WE WILL BE OK.

Wallabeast17 08-06-2011 09:17 PM

exactly, well said :applaudit:

3rdandlong 08-06-2011 10:07 PM

I'm just trying to increase my posts count