Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Are the "Experts" so Blind that They Cant See How Good Redman Is? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=74991)

3rdandlong 08-10-2011 10:58 AM

Are the "Experts" so Blind that They Cant See How Good Redman Is?

The Tribune Review's front article in the Sports section talks about how the Steelers are screwed if Mendenhall goes down with an injury. "Who is going to replace him?" they ask. They seem to think Mewelde would be the logical choice. They even discuss Baron Batch. They do say good things about Redman but criticize him for having no touchdowns in the redone. For God's sake he hardly ever got the ball in the redzone. When he did, he shined (I.e. Baltimore game). He had 52 carries for 247 yards, just under 5 yards a carry.
He also does the little things like pick up the blitz. I never hear anyone say this, but I think Redman has the potential to be a starter. If not for the Steelers, then some other team. It would be a great combination to have Mendenhall and Redman as our backs. I don't understand why Tomlin or Arians can't see how good Redman is.

Fire Arians 08-10-2011 11:07 AM

Re: Are the "Experts" so Blind that They Cant See How Good Redman Is?

the experts don't watch the team as closely as we do. I think we're more qualified to call ourselves experts on the steelers than they are

thumper 08-10-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 935298)
the experts don't watch the team as closely as we do. I think we're more qualified to call ourselves experts on the steelers than they are

:thumbsup:

austinfrench76 08-10-2011 02:34 PM

Absolutely correct about the experts! We know our team, they are asked to know every team. It's funny how alot of these guys say things that make you scratch your balls, er, your head.. Redzone could be big for us this year WITH Mendenhall playing!

steeltheone 08-10-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdandlong (Post 935296)
The Tribune Review's front article in the Sports section talks about how the Steelers are screwed if Mendenhall goes down with an injury. "Who is going to replace him?" they ask. They seem to think Mewelde would be the logical choice. They even discuss Baron Batch. They do say good things about Redman but criticize him for having no touchdowns in the redone. For God's sake he hardly ever got the ball in the redzone. When he did, he shined (I.e. Baltimore game). He had 52 carries for 247 yards, just under 5 yards a carry.
He also does the little things like pick up the blitz. I never hear anyone say this, but I think Redman has the potential to be a starter. If not for the Steelers, then some other team. It would be a great combination to have Mendenhall and Redman as our backs. I don't understand why Tomlin or Arians can't see how good Redman is.

I like Redman, he is a lunchpail type runner...I've seen nothing to suggest he is anything more than a backup though...

Steelersfan87 08-10-2011 03:38 PM

I think the preseason games will determine how big of a role Redman will serve this season. I expect that he will see more playing time, however.

INOX 08-10-2011 10:09 PM

I think Redman is going to end up with significant production in 2011. I have a bad feeling about Rashard.

rich4eagle 08-11-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdandlong (Post 935296)

I think Redman is a solid back and good replacement for an injured Mendenhall and a good spot player and late game player :tt03:

pete74 08-11-2011 04:57 AM

Redmans ypc was higher then Mendenhalls. i think you can take Mendy out and give Redman 300 carries this season and we will run for just as many if not more yards

truesteelerfan 08-11-2011 11:29 AM

Do I like Redman...sure I do...He's a Steeler! But I'm not going to claim I know more than anybody else...I've seen his play, and I'm glad he's on our team...but I don't think he's better than Mendy....decent back up, and I hope he gets a lot of carries this year to save some wear off Mendy, but he's not a HOF back in waiting IMO...if I'm wrong, I'm wrong...but something in the thousands of plays he's run in practice must have shown the coaches something that in the dozens of plays we've missed out on. If he stays under the radar, maybe we can resign him for less money?