Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How much would you give Hines Ward ? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=750)

BlitzburghRockCity 05-15-2005 04:14 PM

How much would you give Hines Ward ?

7 years 47 million..

10 million up front in a signing bonus; and base salaries each year of 2 million, 3, 4.5, 5.5, 6, 7, 9 ....and if he falters, gets a few injuries or whatever the case may be , you've saved ur self 16 million of his money but releasing him before the final 2 years of his contract, thus only paying him 31 million.. very reasonalbe.. IMO ..obviously we dont want him going anywhere, and to retire a Steeler, but this way, it gives them some stop gap, just to CYA.

clevestinks 05-15-2005 08:03 PM

Re: How much would you give Hines Ward ?

$42,000,000

$12 million up front, then six years at 3.5, 4, 4.5,,5.5,6, 6.5 six years!

hardwork 05-15-2005 10:15 PM

8 boxes of tissues. HypoAllergenic, 3 ply

One the first year, with a monogramed, New England Patriots, handkerchief as a bonus

Two the second year

One each over the next 5 years

BlitzburghRockCity 05-15-2005 11:23 PM

I thought that was the offer you gave to ty law! :blah:

BB2W 05-16-2005 12:58 AM

Blitz, I think that contract would be fair.......It is a little more than you would like to pay for Ward, but it is hard to put a dollar value on what he brings to the table.

RoethlisBURGHer 05-16-2005 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardwork
8 boxes of tissues. HypoAllergenic, 3 ply

One the first year, with a monogramed, New England Patriots, handkerchief as a bonus

Two the second year

One each over the next 5 years

Save the tissues for Brady when he's crying because the Steelers are in the Super Bowl and not his Gaytriots.

clevestinks 05-16-2005 04:18 PM

Hardwork isn`t fooling me, he would give up half his offense for a player like Hines Ward. Who wouldn`t

BlitzburghRockCity 05-16-2005 05:56 PM

Right on cleve... Everybody in the league knows Hines is one of the best in the business.. PERIOD.. You can easily and most definately should, but his name w/ the likes of Harrison, Owens, Holt, etc.

Its definately alot of money, but the old adage rings so true now more than ever, if we dont pay him what he wants, someone else will, and Hines is not a guy this team can afford to lose. EVER!

ironcitychef 05-17-2005 12:21 PM

2 million, 3, 4.5, 5.5, 6, 7, 9 .3.5, 4, 4.5,,5.5,6, 6.5

I'm not sure about total numbers(not my gig) but I'd rather do a bell shaped progression cause of all the FA we will have in 2006 and 2007 so like 3.5, 5.5, 6, 5.0, or whatever. I hate to see numbers going up as the years progress.

BlitzburghRockCity 05-17-2005 03:59 PM

unfortunatley in this day and age w/ free agency and injuries to players, its almost hard to not backload contracts to some degree..because it's a fail safe for the team.. if the player plays up to his contract, stays healthy and produces year in and year out, you're gonna renegoiate his deal b/4 its over anyways,..and if he doesnt, then u release him. :)