Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevenson Sylvester (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=75206)

TGPSarge 08-15-2011 01:34 PM

Stevenson Sylvester

Would he be first in line this year to fill in for Farrior if he got hurt? I think he could make some noise.

Fire Arians 08-15-2011 01:40 PM

Re: Stevenson Sylvester

i hope so, i don't care for larry slow-a-foote much

55BaileyFan 08-15-2011 02:29 PM

I think Sly will get more playing time this year because of how well he progressed last season and has been impressive in camp. I still think Foote is going to get cut, the Steelers don't need him and his 3M contract.

thumper 08-15-2011 03:11 PM

Bring on SS. Enough with the "make them want it" crap. He should be on
the field - period. Don't wait until he has one year on his contract left to finally
get playing time out of him. That way, we only get one year of play before we
have to pay huge $. I really loath when they do that.

solardave 08-15-2011 03:49 PM

I think he starts this year. Maybe not in the first game but I bet he cracks the lineup by mid-season.

steeltheone 08-15-2011 04:11 PM

No way does SS get any qaulity playing time...Tomlin loves his vets

theplatypus 08-15-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltheone (Post 936261)
No way does SS get any qaulity playing time...Tomlin loves his vets

Pouncey,Brown,Manny, Logan

When rookies or 2nd year players outperform the vets Tomlin plays them.

Steelersfan87 08-15-2011 05:29 PM

There's no room for Sylvester until Farrior retires or one of the inside linebackers goes down with an injury, and even then Foote will be the first on the field most likely. He honestly looked a little shaky at times against the Redskins, and he's a young guy I'm quite high on.

DanRooney 08-16-2011 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theplatypus (Post 936264)
Pouncey,Brown,Manny, Logan

When rookies or 2nd year players outperform the vets Tomlin plays them.

No he doesn't. (And who the **** is Logan?)

-Pouncey only started because Hartwig was injured. Had Hartwig not suffered an injury during camp, Pouncey would have been the starting RG (only because we didn't have one).
-Good ol' vet Randle El was brought back because Tomlin has trouble making his own team. He did nothing for the first half of the season last year and had to play an absolute horrific game against the Patriots to slide down the depth chart. Hines is still ahead of Brown for no real reason other than he was SB MVP in 2005.
-Ziggy played stellar in the last half of 2010, yet was only starter because Smith was injured. Now that Smith is back, demoted.
-Sylvester has been looking like a beast but gets no time at ILB because Farrior still thinks he can cover guys Greg Jennings and Tomlin had to resign another one of Cowher's boys again.
-Butler looked good in last years preseason and never saw the field, even over career special teamers like Anthony Madison. Gay can't seem to lose his job no matter how bad he plays.
-Redman looks like Peyton Hillis Jr. He's pretty much unstoppable in the preseason. I can probably count the number of times he's gotten carries in the regular season on my 2 hands.

steeltheone 08-16-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanRooney (Post 936353)
No he doesn't. (And who the **** is Logan?)

-Pouncey only started because Hartwig was injured. Had Hartwig not suffered an injury during camp, Pouncey would have been the starting RG (only because we didn't have one).
-Good ol' vet Randle El was brought back because Tomlin has trouble making his own team. He did nothing for the first half of the season last year and had to play an absolute horrific game against the Patriots to slide down the depth chart. Hines is still ahead of Brown for no real reason other than he was SB MVP in 2005.
-Ziggy played stellar in the last half of 2010, yet was only starter because Smith was injured. Now that Smith is back, demoted.
-Sylvester has been looking like a beast but gets no time at ILB because Farrior still thinks he can cover guys Greg Jennings and Tomlin had to resign another one of Cowher's boys again.
-Butler looked good in last years preseason and never saw the field, even over career special teamers like Anthony Madison. Gay can't seem to lose his job no matter how bad he plays.
-Redman looks like Peyton Hillis Jr. He's pretty much unstoppable in the preseason. I can probably count the number of times he's gotten carries in the regular season on my 2 hands.

Exactly...Timmons sat 1 year to long under Foote