Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers sign Macho Harris (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=75255)

steelfury02 08-16-2011 02:53 PM

Steelers sign Macho Harris

Hello all. Finally decided to post after years of lurking. Just reacting to the cap space thread basically. Looks like they signed a potential DB in Macho Harris. He was with Eagles and Redskins for a little while I guess. 5th rounder. Seems people have considered him a bust thus far? Valuable pick up or just insurance?

Fire Arians 08-16-2011 02:56 PM

Re: Steelers sign Macho Harris

another body for depth, and imo the cb battle for the #2 and below spots are up in the air. i hear he was a starter for the eagles in his rookie season so can't be that bad. i don't expect him to emerge as the nickel or #2 corner though.

steelfury02 08-16-2011 03:09 PM

I would imagine it would take him a while to learn the system anyways - ah who knows - any addition to DB corp is welcomed. The sky isn't falling for me but if we lose in the playoffs or SB to the likes of Gronkowski or Nelson I'll be lookin for heads! What was the difference with the 08 team? Just perfect storm or we made more game changing plays up front/middle that covered back end smudges?

Steelers>NFL 08-16-2011 04:06 PM

"Oooooohhhh Yeaaahhh, the Macho Man is in the house".....

fer522 08-16-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL (Post 936449)

:chuckle:

Wallace17 08-16-2011 05:12 PM

Isnt aquib talib still availible? lol

theplatypus 08-16-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelfury02 (Post 936433)
I would imagine it would take him a while to learn the system anyways - ah who knows - any addition to DB corp is welcomed. The sky isn't falling for me but if we lose in the playoffs or SB to the likes of Gronkowski or Nelson I'll be lookin for heads! What was the difference with the 08 team? Just perfect storm or we made more game changing plays up front/middle that covered back end smudges?

Injuries to Troy P and Mcfadden might of played a minor roll, two interceptions and a fumble might have played a small part as well.

Deserei90 08-16-2011 05:31 PM

There are reports on twitter saying he didn't sign with them, he just joining them in for a workout.

Wallabeast17 08-16-2011 05:50 PM

You say DB as in Corner or Saftey. PLEASE say he is a corner!! :hope:

Fire Arians 08-16-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL (Post 936449)

snap into a slim jim!