Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers Move Chavis (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=75339)

55BaileyFan 08-18-2011 04:01 PM

Steelers Move Chavis

Miguel Chavis, the undrafted rookie defensive end from Clemson was moved from the defensive line to TE today by Steeler coaches. The Steelers are still searching for their number two TE and this could be a sign that the coaches like what the kid offers...especially switching him this late.

What do you all think of the move this late?

theplatypus 08-18-2011 04:08 PM

Re: Steelers Move Chavis

They're exploring every option, I like it.

thumper 08-18-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan (Post 936854)
Miguel Chavis, the undrafted rookie defensive end from Clemson was moved from the defensive line to TE today by Steeler coaches. The Steelers are still searching for their number two TE and this could be a sign that the coaches like what the kid offers...especially switching him this late.

What do you all think of the move this late?

Long shot. It won't work out

ricardisimo 08-18-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theplatypus (Post 936856)
They're exploring every option, I like it.

Not quite "every option". Every option would have included drafting a TE or signing an undrafted free agent TE, or even retaining Spaeth, although I think most of us are OK with him leaving.

steeltheone 08-18-2011 05:48 PM

Seems like a college move.

fer522 08-18-2011 05:55 PM

seems more like a desperate move

theplatypus 08-18-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardisimo (Post 936865)
Not quite "every option". Every option would have included drafting a TE or signing an undrafted free agent TE, or even retaining Spaeth, although I think most of us are OK with him leaving.

They did, Weslye Saunders.

JCPsteelers 08-18-2011 10:25 PM

probably a practice squad candidate if he shows something as a TE

BritishSteel 08-19-2011 04:22 AM

Didn't Starks occasionally line up in a three TE set? Maybe they're just looking to see if Chavis can play that extra blocking TE role that Starks used to occasionally play? If they're looking at him as a genuine second TE, then it looks a bit desperate to me.