Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tomlin: Scott and Gilbert will be ok (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=75347)

JCPsteelers 08-18-2011 11:22 PM

Tomlin: Scott and Gilbert will be ok

just said it in press conference. hyperextended knee per Ed B. :tt03:

ETL 08-18-2011 11:58 PM

Re: Tomlin: Scott and Gilbert will be ok

How low have we sunk?

We are relieved that Jonathan Scott and a rookie named Gilbert have been spared.

Can someone check the temperature in hell and tell me if it is getting colder.

Fire Arians 08-19-2011 12:05 AM

coaching staff must have saw something in them to let starks and flozell go, they had faith in them for a reason.

jonathan scott was looking good last year and this preseason imo

tony hipchest 08-19-2011 12:06 AM

they are steelers.

we should care.

next man up.

i guess the good thing is that if we suck for the next 5 years we can build a kick ass line of top 10 draft picks. :hunch:

Buddha Bus 08-19-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 937025)
they are steelers.

we should care.

next man up.

i guess the good thing is that if we suck for the next 5 years we can build a kick ass line of top 10 draft picks. :hunch:

Well said, Tony! :tt04: :tt02: :helmet: :tt: :tt03:

ETL 08-19-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 937025)
they are steelers.

we should care.

next man up.

I agree with you. We should care.

i'm just sad that our season may hang in the balance of whether guys like Jonathan Scott or Gilbert are healthy or now.

DanRooney 08-19-2011 01:21 AM

Gilbert looked a little shaky at LT. Driven backwards a couple of plays and had a penalty in the few snaps he had before his injury. Hills actually looked good at the spot when he replaced him. I'm not a J. Scott fan at all.

tony hipchest 08-19-2011 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETL (Post 937048)

i'm just sad that our season may hang in the balance of whether guys like Jonathan Scott or Gilbert are healthy or now.

understandable.

im just glad we have a season of football and kinda excited about adding this fresh meat to the line.

our season hangs in the balance with the likes of ben and troy remaining healthy. a shaky OL hasnt prevented us from a winning season in years. :tt:

JCPsteelers 08-19-2011 01:48 AM

Jonathan Scott actually played pretty well in the playoffs last year.

You guys complaining need to realize we live in the salary cap era. Nobody is going to have a stacked roster like the Steelers in the 70s and the Niners in the 80s.

We'll be fine with Scott at LT..

JCPsteelers 08-19-2011 01:50 AM

Jonathan Scott actually played pretty well in the playoffs last year.

You guys complaining need to realize we live in the salary cap era. Nobody is going to have a stacked roster like the Steelers in the 70s and the Niners in the 80s.

We'll be fine with Scott at LT..