Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jerome Bettis (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7537)

sheba 05-29-2006 12:59 PM

Jerome Bettis

Do you think jerome made a good decision byretireing?

tony hipchest 05-29-2006 01:04 PM

Re: Jerome Bettis

yes. he went out on top, in storybook fashion, and is going into a career that will probably last much longer than football.

83-Steelers-43 05-29-2006 01:24 PM

Loved by the city of Pittsburgh, got his ring, future HOF'er, good paying job in TV....why not?

Black@Gold Forever32 05-29-2006 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheba
Do you think jerome made a good decision byretireing?

He didn't have anything left to prove and accomplish. He had the stats, the pro bowls and the only thing he was missing was a Super Bowl ring. Now he has that and why not go out on top. Its the perfect ending to an Hall of Fame career. Plus Jerome is a dad. I remember him saying in a interview that he totally didn't want to damage his body so he could do things with his daughter. I think that also player a role into his decision. I remember seeing the video of Bus struggling to walk down stairs after games last year.

So I wish Jerome "The Bus" Bettis the best in his retirement. I know that I will and all of Steelers Nation will miss him. There will never be another Jerome Bettis. Yea he was a great football player but more importantly he is a great person.

Next and Final Bus Stop-Canton, Ohio

TasmanianTroy271 05-29-2006 01:41 PM

Considering the way his body is, with his knees and asthma, he could've retired 3 years ago and no one would have thought the lesser of him, but he stuck around for his ring and his team. He could'nt have gone out a better way.

SteelCityMan786 05-29-2006 01:45 PM

Why not leave on top? guranteed hall of famer.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 05-29-2006 01:52 PM

Is there a better way to go out and end a career?
He made a great choice last year on coming back and another great choice ending it in detroit.
Hopefully it wont be long until Hes in canton

3 to be 4 05-29-2006 01:58 PM

if Ben hadnt made the tackle that saved the backseat of the Bus then he might have wanted to come back so his career ended on a less "willie mays" kind of note.
But since his team won the super bowl in his hometown, plus the guy was pretty much done anywaay, it was the best ending of a career since Elway.

melroseplace 05-29-2006 04:50 PM

did he make the right decision? without a doubt. I don't think there could've been a happier ending

Prosdo 05-29-2006 05:21 PM

He left the game after winning a Superbowl in his hometown and he left the game without major injury. Sounds perfect to me.