Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Early Start To Patriots Worship (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=75448)

Atlanta Dan 08-21-2011 05:52 PM

Early Start To Patriots Worship

After gagging in the Super Bowl against the Giants followed by one and out home playoff loses the last two seasons, one might think the Patriots running up the score in 2 preseason games would not be grounds for writing a column reminding us of their greatness - not so according to Dan Schaugnessy of SI.com and (suprise!) The Boston Globe

Belichick, Patriots look like they're back ... with a vengeance

There's always fear and loathing around the Patriots.
Hope you got it out of your system, people. Because it looks like the Patriots are loaded. Again.

"Belichick is through screwing around,'' an NFC executive told The Boston Globe's Greg Bedard during last Thursday's 31-14 New England drubbing of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. "What we saw tonight, if that's the way they continue to go into the season, is a complete departure from what we saw last season. They're not reacting. They're dictating.''

We are only halfway through a preseason after a protracted lockout. There is so much we do not know. But the Patriots look like a monster team. A lot like 2007.

Be afraid, NFL. Be very afraid.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a1

Wow - so this year's version of the Patriots is like the 2007 version - I guess that means they actually win a playoff game and wait until the Super Bowl to crash:noidea:

Never too early for me to be reminded why I despise the Pats and worshipful writers who would make you think this is the greatest team of all time

theplatypus 08-21-2011 06:20 PM

Re: Early Start To Patriots Worship

As much as it pains me too say this they do look pretty good thus far. We'll see what happens in a few months... any given Sunday.

Atlanta Dan 08-21-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theplatypus (Post 937398)
As much as it pains me too say this they do look pretty good thus far. We'll see what happens in a few months... any given Sunday.

I conceded the Super Bowl to them last season after they blew out the Jets in the December Monday night game in Foxboro - if that game meant nothing any sportswriter who is putting any weight on preseason games as grounds for predicting post-season success needs to put down the crack pipe

TRH 08-23-2011 10:33 AM

this is nothing. Wait until the season gets closer to starting and after it starts too. Hit the "mute" button every time they're mentioned (which is alot) on any of the cable sports channels because the A**-kissing is going to beyond belief.
I'm sure, once again, that after 2 games all the sportscasters will have already awarded the SB trophy to New England.
I'm hoping for the best that they are a bust on more than a few levels.

GMU Steeler 08-25-2011 02:48 PM

They do look good, sure but that doesn't take away from the fact that they have struggled in the playoffs since the epic 18-1 season. They're good and it wouldn't shock me at all if they won the whole thing but I have not been impressed at all with them in the playoffs the past few years.

Sixburgher 08-27-2011 09:52 PM

I guess the asskicking they're taking by the Lions tonight means nothing, then?

Atlanta Dan 08-27-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixburgher (Post 938712)
I guess the asskicking they're taking by the Lions tonight means nothing, then?

It means nothing

They re-established their greatness by beating Jax and Tampa Bay - now the Pats diminish expectations by losing tonight

Belichick is a genius

Third Rail 08-27-2011 11:27 PM

I get so annoyed by the way the NFL kisses this team's ass. I remember watching that "Top 10 Revenge Games" on NFL Network they mentioned how the Pats got "revenge" on Eric Mangini's Jets that season for leaking Spygate. But not only that, then the Pats proceeded to get "revenge" on the entire league by going undefeated in the regular season since, you know, the other teams had the audacity to doubt their amazing prowess after they were caught cheating.

I was like, what the hell? So THEY get caught cheating --- something they'd been doing for YEARS --- and ALL OF THE OTHER TEAMS IN THE NFL are the villains because they logically assumed that said cheating contributed to their astronomical success. Wow.

But then, I guess that's just The Patriot Way: We do everything right, even when we're blatantly doing something wrong.