Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Plex blows up (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=75483)

thumper 08-22-2011 11:08 AM

Plex blows up

So much for those who claimed he wasn't worth anything.

That he was too hurt.

That time in the clink ruined him.

He looks better than ever.

Just as I knew he would.

3 for 66, TD. He will be a difference maker for NY this year.

Damn it. I knew it. Oh, and this just in: Sweed didn't turn out to provide
that big WR role this year. That didn't quite turn out, as I said.

SteelCityMom 08-22-2011 11:19 AM

Re: Plex blows up

So you are proclaiming a victory for your opinion based off of one preseason game? Against the Bungles? Don't you think you may be jumping the gun a little? I mean, he could still have a totally shit year. He could get injured the very first regular season game of the year and not play at all.

Just seems a little bit early to call him a difference maker. Of course he could do all the things you proclaim that you think he'll do...but won't you just look like a total dumbass if he doesn't?

ebsteelers 08-22-2011 11:25 AM

beat me to it scmom...

dumper you mad cause plex beat up on your bengals? one pre-season game, do you know for a fact that he will be able to do that all year? that he wont break down?

the bengals might win 3 games this year you fool. its not like he was being covered by an all-pro

can dumper be banned from here?

Fire Arians 08-22-2011 11:47 AM

he'll prolly end up smoking out with smoketonio holmes then they both get suspended for the entire season

SteelersTilIDie 08-22-2011 11:53 AM

He played well against the Cincinnati Bengals, possibly the worst team in the league, in the preseason. I would hold off judgement until he does something meaningful.

pancake 08-22-2011 12:00 PM

I'm not ready to say he is back to the old Plax, but was a nice showing. I bet he misses at least 4 games this year.

ebsteelers 08-22-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pancake (Post 937523)
I'm not ready to say he is back to the old Plax, but was a nice showing. I bet he misses at least 4 games this year.

almighty plax? no way hes gonna play in every game have 50 catches a game and score 50000 tds this year..

are recievers couldnt shower with plax cause they are not worth to be near him.

Wallabeast17 08-22-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 937509)
he'll prolly end up smoking out with smoketonio holmes then they both get suspended for the entire season

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

kirklandrules 08-22-2011 01:48 PM

Based on the title of this thread, I was expecting 5 catches for 150 yards and 4 TDs. But based on Plex's real stats, against a crap team, in the preseason and saying "Plex blows up" ... I'd say Cotchery had an awesome game himself. 2 receptions for 49 yards and a TD. Remember, the Steelers were playing the "Dream Team". :toofunny:

The Jets FO were stupid to let a guy like Cotchery leave over Plex. The Steelers definitely got the best of that deal (Cotchery for the vet minimum).

theplatypus 08-22-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

but won't you just look like a total dumbass if he doesn't?
You make it sound as if that will be something new for him. :toofunny: