Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Kickoff Rule Will Help Steelers Tremendously (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=75516)

bozz723 08-23-2011 04:28 AM

New Kickoff Rule Will Help Steelers Tremendously

IMO.

One of the Steelers greatest weaknesses is always kick return coverage. When we let teams start from the 35+, and that happens A LOT.

With the new kickoff rule from the 35 most drives will start from the 20 or below. This will exponentially help the Steelers defense and team.

Our offense seems to be able to go on long sustained drives as well. This rule, even though stupid, will help the Steelers tremendously.

cloppbeast 08-23-2011 08:32 AM

Re: New Kickoff Rule Will Help Steelers Tremendously

We wouldn't have beat the Titans last year under the new rule.:noidea:

I do agree wit you though. Our kick-off coverage usually stinks.

SteeleReign 08-23-2011 08:39 AM

I agree - it certainly won't hurt us, however....I HATE THIS RULE!! Just put the damn ball on the 20 & stop wasting everybody's time. Absolutely stupid!!

NEWstevo 08-23-2011 10:23 AM

Even though it may help the Steelers and their weak kick offs, I hate it too. All I see is one more forced commercial break. They go to break after a score... come back and kick off... then right back in to break.

Thank god I record the game and watch it 30 minutes after it starts. So after a TD/Field Goal, I can just hit FF on my DVR for 5-7 minutes.

theplatypus 08-23-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloppbeast (Post 937746)
We wouldn't have beat the Titans last year under the new rule.:noidea:

I do agree wit you though. Our kick-off coverage usually stinks.

But we would have beaten the Jets.

Wallabeast17 08-23-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEWstevo (Post 937772)
Even though it may help the Steelers and their weak kick offs, I hate it too. All I see is one more forced commercial break. They go to break after a score... come back and kick off... then right back in to break.

Thank god I record the game and watch it 30 minutes after it starts. So after a TD/Field Goal, I can just hit FF on my DVR for 5-7 minutes.

That is a hell of a good idea! I may just have to start doing that!

pancake 08-23-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallabeast17 (Post 937778)
That is a hell of a good idea! I may just have to start doing that!

I have did it for years. I usually catch up to the game live in the 3rd quarter.

OX1947 08-23-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Looks like i am going to have to do this. I hate doing it on Sundays when so many other games are going on, but Goodell and the greed can suck a big fat ****....

SteeleReign 08-23-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

I do this too! Just remember not to check your text messages until you've caught up!!

Moose 08-23-2011 07:20 PM

I'm not feeling it as a plus for the Steeler's. You are right, our coverage is pathetic, with giving returns of 20,30 yrds or more sometimes. But the whole idea is to put the ball IN THE ENDZONE to eliminate the returns...... do we have someone who can do that constantly ??!!!