Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Time For A Beer Run (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=75605)

SlackerCSB 08-25-2011 09:42 AM

Time For A Beer Run

2011 Season - Steelers score a TD...

1) Automatic Review
2) Automatic XP
3) Commercial Break
4) Automatic Kickoff Touchback
5) Commercial Break

That's going to be a lot of time just sitting around. That's gotta be 8-10 minutes of no action after each score.

Stupid Stupid Stupid

ebsteelers 08-25-2011 10:42 AM

Re: Time For A Beer Run

all about commericals and money anymore

steelcity1974 08-25-2011 10:58 AM

It's not an automatic review. The guy in the booth looks at it quickly, before the FG unit is even on the field and if it looks close, he signals the ref...THEN the ref will go under the hood. But if a clear TD, it really takes no time at all. Remember, the guy in the booth cannot overturn anything...he is just there to tell the ref if he should take a closer look or not.

Can't argue with the rest of your points, so yes plenty of time for the beer run.

BIGNASTY91 08-25-2011 11:12 AM

Havent they been using the the look at every touchdown in the pre-season?? I havent really noticed that big of a difference? As for the kickoffs, they blow now. I know it helps us out with the new rule, but it takes a very important aspect out of football :noidea:

austinfrench76 08-25-2011 12:36 PM

Very annoying!

Fire Arians 08-25-2011 02:18 PM

i don't mind. means more time with the boys during the game and less time with the gf. nothing against my girl but football season and sundays = guy time! cheers haha

BIGNASTY91 08-25-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 938174)
i don't mind. means more time with the boys during the game and less time with the gf. nothing against my girl but football season and sundays = guy time! cheers haha

Not for me. I have the guys over, but my wife and her aunt are into football just as much as us guys are. I can carry on more in depth conversations with them than half of they guys i know! It's great. wouldnt have it any other way!!!! :drink: :tt04:

stb_steeler 08-25-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGNASTY91 (Post 938175)
Not for me. I have the guys over, but my wife and her aunt are into football just as much as us guys are. I can carry on more in depth conversations with them than half of they guys i know! It's great. wouldnt have it any other way!!!! :drink: :tt04:

Same here......My wife knows all the players by their numbers better than me! :thumbsup:

Steelersfan87 08-25-2011 03:15 PM

There are always commercials before and after a kickoff. That hasn't changed at all. The only possible 'extra' time this season will be with close touchdown calls, many of which would probably have been challenged by coaches in years past anyway.

Fire Arians 08-25-2011 03:23 PM

the only time i dated a girl that knew a lot about football, it was a total double-sided blade. she was a patriots fan, it didn't last very long lol