Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Marcus Gilbert will start at LT, Tony Hills at RG, vs. Falcons (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=75616)

DanRooney 08-25-2011 03:55 PM

Marcus Gilbert will start at LT, Tony Hills at RG, vs. Falcons

Feeding Gilbert to the wolves already. I like it.

Steelers>NFL 08-25-2011 04:09 PM

Re: Marcus Gilbert will start at LT, Tony Hills at RG, vs. Falcons

Play the kids. Play them already.

Fire Arians 08-25-2011 04:14 PM

he's green but according to camp news he often holds his own against james harrison, if that means anything. the kid will be ok

DanRooney 08-25-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL (Post 938193)
Play the kids. Play them already.

I wouldn't say that too loud on this board. Guys like Randle El and Willie Parker are still wanted back for their veteran leadership :chuckle:

PhantomJB93 08-25-2011 04:19 PM

I know we don't like to start rookies, but if we're heading into the season right now with Jonathan Scott as our LT, honestly I don't think we have much to lose by throwing Gilbert in there and hoping he gets off to a quick start like Pouncey...I mean, he was a 2nd round pick, he can't possibly be much worse even with the limited offseason...(I'm talking about starting him in the regular season too, not just this game...)

3rdandlong 08-25-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 938195)
he's green but according to camp news he often holds his own against james harrison, if that means anything. the kid will be ok

I don't know if I should be excited about that. Either it means the kid is good or Harrison's back is really bothering him

theplatypus 08-25-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 938195)

From what I've read for the most part his problems have been nothing more than rookie mistakes.

OX1947 08-25-2011 05:10 PM

I watched him thoroughly when he came in against Philly. He has the skills to start in the NFL and be effective. You can tell. With a little weight loss and work, he will be a sold player.

Steelers are gonna need some unsung heros on the o line and secondary this year. They need some hungry youth in those places. Because if they can get those in just those spots, Steelers could return to the Super Bowl.

I have a feeling this may be Big ben's best year as a pro coming up.

Fire Arians 08-25-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theplatypus (Post 938207)
From what I've read for the most part his problems have been nothing more than rookie mistakes.

same, which is good in the sense that they're fixable with more experience. tomlin is doing the right thing by playing him

austinfrench76 08-25-2011 07:33 PM

Gilbert will be good! Very excited about him and HIlls at RG. I know it's not cool to like the oline on this forum but if those 2 pieces fall into place, we could be fine. We would definitely have depth. Essex, Foster, etc..