Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   WVU coach arrested (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7584)

83-Steelers-43 05-31-2006 03:54 PM

WVU coach arrested

I'm sorry, worded the title wrong.........."cited". My apologies.

WVU Coach Gets In Trouble At Pittsburgh Int'l
(KDKA) PITTSBURGH

West Virginia University's head basketball coach John Beilein got into some trouble with the law at Pittsburgh International Airport.

Beilein apparently caused a commotion after police say he parked his car too close to the terminal.

When officers asked him to leave, Beilein allegedly started yelling and asked them if they knew who he is.

Police cited Beilein for disorderly conduct and illegally parking his car.

shimmysteelerfan 05-31-2006 03:58 PM

Re: WVU coach arrested

and another one bites the dust!!! whats with all these people involved in sports latley????

83-Steelers-43 05-31-2006 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmysteelerfan
and another one bites the dust!!! whats with all these people involved in sports latley????

And it seems a good number of them state "do you know who I am?". :rolleyes:

I've been to Pittsburgh airport many, many, many times in my life. The cops there will make you move your car immediately. It's a freakin' airport, they should be strict. They were tough before 9/11. Now imagine. Some feel they are above the law and use their "status" as a crutch. Your a college basketball coach, not the Pope. Get a grip.

Lyn 05-31-2006 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43

I've been to Pittsburgh airport many, many, many times in my life. The cops there will make you move your car immediately. It's a freakin' airport, they should be strict. They were tough before 9/11. Now imagine. Some feel they are above the law and use their "status" as a crutch. Your a college basketball coach, not the Pope. Get a grip.

Actually all these "Do you know who I am?" Arenothing more than wannabes, they are not at all professional. Cowher would never talk down to an officer.

Suitanim 05-31-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

Worst airport in the World in that regard...I mean, you get about 10 seconds, tops.

83-Steelers-43 05-31-2006 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
Worst airport in the World in that regard...I mean, you get about 10 seconds, tops.

Not sure about that. It seems that most airports are strict when it comes to curbside parking these days. Flew into both Dulles and JFK, not much different. Eitherway, cop tells you to move, then it's probably a smart thing to move.

SteelCityMan786 06-04-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmysteelerfan

next victim?

clevestinks 06-04-2006 03:31 PM

Nice to see that he was treated just like I would have been! No sorrow here!

Ambridge 06-04-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Not sure about that. It seems that most airports are strict when it comes to curbside parking these days. Flew into both Dulles and JFK, not much different. Eitherway, cop tells you to move, then it's probably a smart thing to move.

At Dulles and Reagan National the cops/security are pretty much on top of you as soon as you pull up.
I dropped my wife off at the United Terminal at Reagan this past Christmas to meet her aunt at the gate.......as soon as my wife cracks the door open a security officer leans in and tells me to move the vehicle.

Sounds like this idiot coach got a reality check with his inflated sense of self importance.