Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gay Supporter (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=75982)

ETL 09-03-2011 05:12 PM

Gay Supporter

I know this is not a popular opinion on this board but I am a William Gay supporter. I think he is good at what he is - a nickle CB with experience and one who plays well in our system.

Yes I know he gives up some plays but I think the criticism that is placed on him is way way overdone. If anything, I think other teams target McFadden more than Gay.

In any case, I trust our front office, Tomlin and LeBeau and they should know which talent will fit our defense the best.

I will go on record to state that Gay will help us more than hurt us and will post a weekly "Gay Meter" to track his performance this year. I think you will be surprised at how many sacks and ints he will contribute this year.

When he gives up big plays to make us lose a game, I will gladly be the lightning rod and absorb all your hatred for him.

ricardisimo 09-03-2011 05:16 PM

Re: Gay Supporter

Ditto. I'm proud of our Gay players, and will likewise be posting his weekly highlights and lowlights and doing a comparison/contrast with our non-Gay DBs.
:tt02:

DanRooney 09-03-2011 05:26 PM

Love the thread. Although I'm a William Gay hater. Maybe I'll make a similar thread my Thaddeus Gibson love :wink02:

Fire Arians 09-03-2011 05:30 PM

http://www.profile-comments.com/imag...ead-is-gay.jpg

Navy86 09-03-2011 05:45 PM

As I said in another thread, I've given up hope on Gay completely. Of course he'll make some positive plays, but it's the number of negative plays that I, along with many other fans, are getting tired of. Butler and Warren may have been worse, who knows, but I would have loved to find out, vice watching Gay getting burned time after time. But as my wife has well knows, I've been known to be wrong a plenty. Here's to me hopefully being wrong yet again for the good of the Steelers!!!

SteelCityMom 09-03-2011 05:48 PM

This thread is fantastic...whether you love Gay or not. :chuckle:

Made me have a Beavis and Butthead moment.

SteeleReign 09-03-2011 06:05 PM

Love the thread! Similar to our military, I hope our coaching staff takes a "don't play, don't start" policy with all our "Gay" players.

DanRooney 09-03-2011 06:14 PM

All I know is Arnaz Battle and Chris Scott are going to be awesome!

SteeleReign 09-03-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanRooney (Post 940267)
All I know is Arnaz Battle and Chris Scott are going to be awesome!

Surprised at Chris Scott being on the team. I don't remember him making one block, but missing a ton. He was REALLY bad. Coaches must see a ton of potential in this kid, but I can't believe he wouldn't make it to the practice squad.

Fire Arians 09-03-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteeleReign (Post 940271)
Surprised at Chris Scott being on the team. I don't remember him making one block, but missing a ton. He was REALLY bad. Coaches must see a ton of potential in this kid, but I can't believe he wouldn't make it to the practice squad.

he was a workout warrior but of course if that doesnt translate over to the game, pretty worthless.

im surprised they kept battle and cut butler. battle sucks and i don't know what he's doing on special teams that is so good. emmanuel sanders and antonio brown BOTH had more tackles on special teams than battle, despite being active for less games. I don't get it.