Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Roger Clemens (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7605)

MattsMe 06-02-2006 12:29 AM

Roger Clemens

So he's coming back for half a season with the Astros. 22 million dollar contract. While he won't see all of that money because it's prorated, he'll still make more than 12 million if he starts on schedule later this month.

So, let's do some math.

He's scheduled to start June 22. He'll start about 20 games this season. Prorated, he'll make about 12.8 million dollars. That's over $100,000 per inning!

He's averaged 14.5 pitches per inning over his career. This means each pitch, not counting warmups, will earn him roughly 7 grand. Seven thousand dollars...per pitch!

Koopa 06-02-2006 12:37 AM

Re: Roger Clemens

and it's all worth it, aside from oswalt, are pitching staff is complete garbage

83-Steelers-43 06-02-2006 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattsMe
So he's coming back for half a season with the Astros. 22 million dollar contract. While he won't see all of that money because it's prorated, he'll still make more than 12 million if he starts on schedule later this month.

So, let's do some math.

He's scheduled to start June 22. He'll start about 20 games this season. Prorated, he'll make about 12.8 million dollars. That's over $100,000 per inning!

He's averaged 14.5 pitches per inning over his career. This means each pitch, not counting warmups, will earn him roughly 7 grand. Seven thousand dollars...per pitch!

While also being able to dictate his traveling schedule with the team. If he is not pitching, he is not traveling with the rest of the team.

tony hipchest 06-02-2006 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattsMe

only in america

Jimmy James 06-03-2006 02:33 AM

Roger Clemens is the man. It's amazing how long he has been able to pitch on such a high level.

3 to be 4 06-03-2006 08:29 AM

look at pictures of him in 1986. I grew up watching him in Boston.

its steroids. just as much as Bonds. But hes Roger. Hes white. so its different.

Jimmy James 06-03-2006 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
look at pictures of him in 1986. I grew up watching him in Boston.

its steroids. just as much as Bonds. But hes Roger. Hes white. so its different.

I don't buy that at all. If it were steroids, he would have broken down by now. He also wouldn't still be around risking his reputation seeing as how one positive test tarnishes what is arguably the best career ever.

SteelCityMan786 06-04-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koopa
and it's all worth it, aside from oswalt, are pitching staff is complete garbage

I aggree. the Astros pitching staff is complete garbage. but look at the pirates. we've got some other headaches in ours.

clevestinks 06-04-2006 03:37 PM

Damn if I were him, I would have gone to more of a contender, like his former team Boston, who was trying to patch up thier relationship with him!