Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Power Rankings (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=761)

bigbensgirl7 05-18-2005 10:36 AM

Power Rankings

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

Once again, the Steelers are underestimated...not that it bothers me, because these are never right. However, the comment next to our #5 rank "We're not trying to preach, but riding a motorcycle without a helmet (as Ben Roethlisberger has said he'll continue to do) is about as smart as playing football without a helmet." Is anyone else sick of the Ben and his Bike talk????

SteelersFever 05-18-2005 11:27 AM

Re: Power Rankings

Regarding Ben and his bike, they're just saying that because everyone else is. :rolleyes:

Certainly, I can understand each persons standpoint of the situation. The Steelers as an organization don't want to see anyone they invested time and money into get seriously injured, especially if he is going to be the franchise QB we all hope he's going to be. Ben doesn't wear a helmet simply because he doesn't have to or he just wants to look cool.

Either way, I don't understand why they published that comment because it has absolutely nothing to do with the game on the field.

Oh yeah, enough about the bike talk already! If he's going to crash, he's going to crash. I'm firm believer if it's meant to happen, it's going to happen.

My Steelers Power Ranking: #2. Only because we didn't win the Super Bowl. Power Ranking #5 is ridiculous.

RoethlisBURGHer 05-18-2005 12:38 PM

The page won't load for me,but,I do know we are ranked #5 and that somehow the Vikings jumped to #4!

First off,the Ben on his bike thing has nothing to do with play on the field.Second...if they cosider Bell not resigning with us a loss,I want to know how.How is a guy that never plays a loss?And losing Plax?We lost an underachiever who can't time his jumps,can't run after the catch,and can't catch simple fade passes in the endzone that hit him in the hands twice.Once again,how is that a loss?

Second...the Vikings lost the best reciever in the game when they traded Randy Moss.Culpepper isn't the same QB without Moss...and if they think Troy Williamson will be a adequate replacement for Moss...there is no adequate replacement for Randy Moss.For all the off-the-field stuff with him,nobody can make some of the catches that Moss makes.Throw the ball up into triple coverage?Moss will come down with it OR tip it away from being an interception.

clevestinks 05-18-2005 04:14 PM

Yes I wish he would wear a helmet, but what makes the difference anyway, a knee, a shoulder. Can`t protect every part of him.

I guess the only Power Ranking that counts. is the last. Here is a glimpse into the future!

1. Pittsburgh Steelers. Cowher and Bus get their rings. Unbelievable season , look for a repeat next year.
2.Carolina Panthers. Good run but the Steelers D was to much.
3.Philly Eagles. Owens was so disruptive to his team, I,I,I, me,me,me,
4.San Diego Chargers. This team keeps improving, Brees was No match for those Steelers!
5.Atlanta Falcons. This was suppose to be thier year, dome superbowl would have been nice.
6. New England Patriots. Totally dismantled in Pittsburgh. Bill needs to change his gameday plans. Big Ben was all over the Pats defense.
**** Naked Ptas fan seen on street in front of Foxboro, Arrested.**** lol

12. ratbirds. overrated all year, Ray, Ray is getting old, Boller is not hat good.
33. Brownies - enough said. Hey another 1st rounder coming!!!

bigbensgirl7 05-18-2005 05:01 PM

Cleve...I think you rankings are right on!!!

BlitzburghRockCity 05-18-2005 05:19 PM

right on cleve !! I love #1 and #12 !!!

Power ranking #5 !! and we went 15-1, the best season in franchise history adn the first team in the AFC to ever do it, and returning most of the team this year!! WTF !

RoethlisBURGHer 05-18-2005 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
right on cleve !! I love #1 and #12 !!!

Power ranking #5 !! and we went 15-1, the best season in franchise history adn the first team in the AFC to ever do it, and returning most of the team this year!! WTF !

Not only that,we GET BACK the best nosetackle in the NFL...we drafted the next big thing in pass catching TE's...got rid of dead weight (i.e. Burress & Bell-who I still like but was injured too often)...Big Ben has a year udner his belt,more work with the recievers,more of a playbook to use,no reason to think he'll do horrible (and those that say he will are just saying that to cover up the fact that the fear the day he faces thier team)...Duce is back healthy (as long as Rodney Harrison doesn't go after his hammy AGAIN,yeah the fucking Patriots are all class) & The Bus is back for one last ride,and this time it's to Detroit for Super Bowl XL!

ironcitychef 05-18-2005 11:23 PM

Heck, I say put us lower. Last year we were 21 or something and it fired us up. Being under NE, IND, MIN might already be on the BB come gameday later in the year. CC: that rankings list to the whole roster and lets get this season started!

BlitzburghRockCity 05-18-2005 11:34 PM

The Steelers always play better in an underdog role, and us against the world mentality has served us well in the past.. then when people start patting us on the back and saying how we good we are, we dont live up to the expectations.. after last year and how close we came, lets continue to hope that we remain focused.

bigbensgirl7 05-18-2005 11:46 PM

Isn't that the truth