Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   To much respect (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76166)

soflasteeler 09-07-2011 09:28 PM

To much respect

Maybe it's just me, I've watched every single ravens and STEELERS games that Ben has played and of course he is undefeated against flacco. But my point is this. Is it possible that the reason most of the games between the Steelers and ravens is close is because the coaches and the players are caught up in this thing that the ravens are going to be a tough game for them, instead of just going out there and playing their game like the do against other teams? To me, they just expect to much greatness from the ravens, instead of just saying, what rivalry, we are the best and do what we have to do. I know some of you say we have to respect them because they are a good team, and i agree that they are, but we are a better team and i think there are other teams in the league that scare me more than the ravens, and it is time for this team to realize that and let's just beat them down like WE CAN. GO STEELERS.

tony hipchest 09-07-2011 11:28 PM

Re: To much respect

the only reason the games are close is because the ravens admit they put out bounties on our players and the refs and league turn a blind eye.

if ray lewis can get 2 of his buddies kill for him for free, imagine what "God's linebadcker" can do to convince his teammates to do to earn their salary.. errr..." daily bread"

steelerjim58 09-08-2011 12:29 AM

I have always believed that the games are so close because we have always run such a conservative offense. Hopefully that will change with this group of receivers we have .

tanda10506 09-08-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 941195)
the only reason the games are close is because the ravens admit they put out bounties on our players and the refs and league turn a blind eye.

if ray lewis can get 2 of his buddies kill for him for free, imagine what "God's linebadcker" can do to convince his teammates to do to earn their salary.. errr..." daily bread"

What do you mean they put bounties out, when have they said that? How would that make the games close?

Fire Arians 09-08-2011 12:41 AM

the reason why the games are close are simply put, the ravens are good. they are almost as good as us. of course they aren't as good, that's why we have their number. they are better than us if we don't have ben, but then again how good are the pats without brady? or indy without manning?

Steelersfan87 09-08-2011 01:14 AM

The Steelers should definitely take the Ravens lightly while heading into Baltimore. Great idea.