Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A very tough question...... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7623)

clevestinks 06-03-2006 02:06 PM

A very tough question......
 
If we could only keep one out of the two players, Troy Polamula or Big Ben, which one would you keep and why? I know we all want both, but this may also answer whether or not you are defensive or offensive minded. Always remember that old saying "Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships"

I love defense, but it is so hard to get a great QB! We have been blessed with many talented safeties, and only two awesome QB`s in the burgh. I have to stay with Ben, but it would kill me to let Troy go.

siss 06-03-2006 02:10 PM

Re: A very tough question......
 
Um let me think...
BEN!!!
Qb's like him only come around once every dynasty.

But I love Troy, its just that you can pick up a saftey in the open marked any day, thats not so true with Stud Quarterbacks.

WWIIOwheelz 06-03-2006 02:15 PM

Re: A very tough question......
 
Ben, absolutely, but.... how many grueling years did I endure just knowing in my heart on every 3rd & long for the other team that they were going to convert? Dick Laboe helped immeasurably with that, but Troy is the key to it all. We have to keep our secondary strong, and keeping him is crucial.

Black@Gold Forever32 06-03-2006 02:17 PM

Re: A very tough question......
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
If we could only keep one out of the two players, Troy Polamula or Big Ben, which one would you keep and why? I know we all want both, but this may also answer whether or not you are defensive or offensive minded. Always remember that old saying "Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships"

I love defense, but it is so hard to get a great QB! We have been blessed with many talented safeties, and only two awesome QB`s in the burgh. I have to stay with Ben, but it would kill me to let Troy go.

Dude thats like asking which hand would you rather cut off the right or the left. But I'll answer it. Big Ben has to be the choice so I'm with you. My whole Steelers life I wanted a legit franchise QB. I was praying and hoping that Ben fell in the 2004 draft. He did and I hope retires a Pittsburgh Steeler. Plus his 27- 4 record speaks for itself. Ben hasn't even hit his prime yet. He is still improving and only entering his third year. This season the NFL better watch out. Ben is going to tear the NFL up.

About Troy though I know he is a great safety and is very important to our defense since he can do so many things. But I think finding a great safety is easier then finding a great QB. But the Steelers will have to anwer this question soon since Troy's contract is up after the 2007 season and Ben's is up after the 2009 season. I just hope they can find a way to keep both. Its going to take alot of money but both should retire a Steeler. The Rooney's can afford but will they shell out the cash is the question.

William Munney 06-03-2006 02:21 PM

Re: A very tough question......
 
Ben but they'll be able to keep both. Troy's contract is up after 07 and I think Ben's is up in 09. There will be cap space with players coming toward the end of the career like Porter, Aaron Smith, Farrior, Hartings and others.

Livinginthe past 06-03-2006 02:21 PM

Re: A very tough question......
 
QB is the most important position on the team - you have the second best QB in the game - no contest.

A quality safety is a nice luxury - a quality QB is a necessity.

NM

clevestinks 06-03-2006 03:19 PM

Re: A very tough question......
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by William Munney
Ben but they'll be able to keep both. Troy's contract is up after 07 and I think Ben's is up in 09. There will be cap space with players coming toward the end of the career like Porter, Aaron Smith, Farrior, Hartings and others.

I know we will be able to keep both , I was just aking to see if most thought offense or defense would be priority in a toughj situation

siss 06-03-2006 03:36 PM

Re: A very tough question......
 
I dont know that its a question of offence or defence but more of a question of who is more replacable. We can replace Troy easily (the hair thing might be able to replace) but ben is the Quarterback fans prayed about when the steelers were struggling and now we have him and I for one dont want him to go ANYWHERE!

Black@Gold Forever32 06-03-2006 03:54 PM

Re: A very tough question......
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
I know we will be able to keep both , I was just aking to see if most thought offense or defense would be priority in a toughj situation

Well I think we will always find defensive guys for our defense. We have a pretty good track record with defense I would say. From the Steel Curtain to Blitzburgh. We don't have such a good track record with QB's. When Neil O'Donnell by the stats is the second most successful QB in your teams history that isn't saying much. So to answer the priority question I would have to say offense.

83-Steelers-43 06-03-2006 04:19 PM

Re: A very tough question......
 
Ben Roethlisberger. I'll take a young franchise QB over any other position on the playing field.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum