Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Mean and Nastiest Ever! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=763)

clevestinks 05-18-2005 06:55 PM

The Mean and Nastiest Ever!

We have heard about favorite players, best players, most over or underrated players.

Now how about the top three Mean , Nasty, and Scariest Steelers ever. Who would you fear to go up against? My top three will probably named over and over here. :o

1. Jack Lambert- tough as nails, ugly, and took no crap, the ultimate intimadator

2. Greg Lloyd- On most other teams lists he would probably no.1, with his build and atitude you just knew you were in for a long game. Greg could bring it.

3.Mean Joe Greene- don`t let the commercial fool you, he was all business, even his name sounds Mean.

Special Mention Joey Porter.

Just my opinions here. Let me know yours.

BlitzburghRockCity 05-18-2005 06:57 PM

Re: The Mean and Nastiest Ever!

Thats my exact list cleve.. man u read my mind!!! I'd say its a toss up between lambert and lloyd for top nasty/mean honors.. both of them would put you on ur ass for looking at them wrong or even breathing in the wrong direction of a teammate!!

Joey has definately carried on that tradition as well now !!! :cool:

except u cant spell lloyd as llyodd :toofunny: I fixed it for ya !

Another one I just thought of after posting here.. not someone well known for being mean, but he sure had a mean streak and nasty side to him on the field was Joel Steed. Strongest guy on the team, and never far from controversy in the trenches. I can remember him several times just off the top of my head getting into it w/ OL from the opposing team, giving RB's a slap as they got up off the field, ya know, cool stuff like that :D

Steelersfan 05-19-2005 12:41 AM

Troy Polamalu is showing signs of being a mean player. He hits hard! I like how he runs through the guy he tackles.
I know you are thinking of players on D but that block Ward put on Woodson a few years back gets my attention. Ole Rod came off the field after that hit with a bloody lip!......lol
Don't get me wrong, I loved Woodson as a Steeler but that block was just great!

Prosdo 05-19-2005 02:48 AM

Good list Cleve. Joey Porter is definitely keeping it up. I love that about him.

ironcitychef 05-19-2005 01:37 PM

What about Justin S.? I remember reading that he wasn't the most sanitary of players on game day. Do I have this right or was it someone else?

STEEL-MAN 05-19-2005 02:16 PM

Clearly when the nastiest players are mentioned Defense is where everyone looks first, however, I would like to point out that Mike Webster was very mean and nasty when he played, he hurt people.

clevestinks 05-19-2005 03:23 PM

Chef and SteelMan both good calls, There are alot of guys you could probably put on the list. Maybe even Hines Ward.

Want to go back. Glen " The assassin" Edwards. Ernie"Arrowhead" Holmes

BlitzburghRockCity 05-19-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironcitychef
What about Justin S.? I remember reading that he wasn't the most sanitary of players on game day. Do I have this right or was it someone else?

strylzeck was a mountain man thru and thru.. he defiantely want the most sweet smelling player in the locker room, or on the field :toofunny: but he was definately a beast on the field, a big guy who took shiat from nobody !!

Hopefully we'll be able to add Chris Keamoteau to this list soon, he's got a mean streak in him.

Offensive players on the Line, I remember duval Love being pretty nasty on the field too!

Avoid LLoyd1975 05-20-2005 04:44 PM

Yo cleve I would have to mirror your top three and throw a little #91 (K.G.) along with Porter with honorable mention. Its a shame that K.G. didn't stay longer.

clevestinks 05-20-2005 05:19 PM

Good call. You know if it weren`t for length of stay, I probably would have at least mentioned him. Hardy Nickerson wasn`t a Steeler long but talk about intensity.