Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Week 1 Post Game Thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76361)

Goldsteel86 09-11-2011 02:57 PM

Week 1 Post Game Thread

First off Baltimore is not as goodas they played today, also I agree with most of you this defense is aging, this is ridiculous!!!!! James Harrison spelled by Worlis (SP) because he was tired, now in your expert opinions will this be a long year? I believe the blitz scheme has been studied and this may not work anymore, also there is absolutely no pressure from the DL, I really hope that we rebound next week, however I have some serious concerns, your thoughts?

Steel_Bus_24 09-11-2011 03:01 PM

Re: This is a Joke!!!!

If we can't stuff the run like we used to, and cut Down Turnovers on O we don't have a prayer.......we'll be battling the Browns and Bengals for the AFCN Basement

mizzouristeeler 09-11-2011 03:02 PM

My thoughts are I wasted my money on Sunday ticket. I got it for the first time this year to watch the steelers. If this game is an omen of whatw to come I need a refund. But I hope to god this was a fluke game.

DanRooney 09-11-2011 03:02 PM

But remember Derrick Mason is like Hines Ward. Replacing him would hurt their offense significantly.

SteelCityMom 09-11-2011 03:03 PM

Week 1 Post Game Thread

Yeah, I know it's going to be mostly complaints....I've got them too. Please keep them in one spot though.

Think of this as the game goat, bad, ugly and uglier thread.

The only people I think had a half decent game today were Miller, Wallace and Sepulveda. Otherwise, it felt like nobody really showed up at all.

I'm not going to straight up panic...it's only week 1, but better get this stuff fixed quick.

DanRooney 09-11-2011 03:05 PM

J.Scott baby.

MACH1 09-11-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanRooney (Post 942497)
But remember Derrick Mason is like Hines Ward. Replacing him would hurt their offense significantly.

Only if we had Gibson, he's a monster.

pancake 09-11-2011 03:12 PM

Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Thank god it's over... :puke:

sharkweek 09-11-2011 03:12 PM

Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

good teams can choke hard and look terrible yet not be doomed, we embarrassed the Ravens just as bad (if not more so with 5 TD passes in one half) only a few years ago and it wasn't like that was an omen for the Ravens that they were on some sort of backslide in the rivalry

heck, does anyone remember several years ago half way through the season in back to back weeks where we not only gave first losses to the Eagles and Patriots respectively, but flat out embarrassed both teams? Pats went on to embarrass us in the Playoffs. Heck, that was the year we went 15-1, and that one loss was a huge beat down from the Ravens...

If this game was in December I'd be concerned, but its not, its the first game of the season, and on the road.

But alas...

THE SKY IS FALLING, EVERYBODY PANIC!!!

theplatypus 09-11-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanRooney (Post 942507)
J.Scott baby.

The fact that you gloat after one of the worst performances in recent memory proves your nothing but a troll.