Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Run Def wasnt that bad (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76388)

Curtain_of_Steel 09-11-2011 07:02 PM

Run Def wasnt that bad

Take away 2 plays, and its 50 yards.

Howver you do not know if they let up, or they stepped up.

Smith didnt help much at all, so he certainly didnt step up. Im considering erases the signed helmet of his I have. LOL

3rdandlong 09-11-2011 07:11 PM

Re: Run Def wasnt that bad

I thought the post title was sarcastic. Are you kidding? This was one of the worst rushing defense performances I've seen in years. Almost 200 yards rushing by the Ravens. This would be bad for the Carolina Panthers, and no one expects much from them. This is abysmal for the Steelers!

kirklandrules 09-11-2011 07:32 PM

The run defense was worse than you think. Lucky the flakey coach for the ratbirds kept calling pass plays or they would have had 300 yards rushing.

I thought the CBs did a decent job. It was the LBs and the S that couldn't cover backs and TEs. Seemed to be a good deal of disorientation amongst those players. A few times I was thinking it was mighty nice that Timmons and Palamalu got their big deals done before the season, because they sure sh!t the bed in this game. Hopefully, they got that crap outta their system and can figure out what they're made of going forward.

GMU Steeler 09-11-2011 07:34 PM

It was bad. Ray Rice is a great running back though and he was the last guy to run 100 yards on our D so it's not like we let some untalented guy run on us.

Kanata-Steeler 09-11-2011 09:58 PM

when your own "O" hands your own "D" 7 Turnovers, + the obvious fact that the "D" has been basically on field 80% of the time, and getting tired, then what the heck did u expect from any Defense ?!
The Defense was not good, but read above line again,. and tell me just how much better could they possibly try to be.
Run Def was as good as it was gonna get, under those circumstances.

all I know is 7 -Turnovers is ridiculous, and the Steelers should embarassingly burn that fact tonite into their memory banks, especially Ben.
Ben's post-game comments sounded feebly childish, with silly little excuses, no kudos there.
Hey Ben, just admit it, they killed you, fair n' square. just move on.
Well, we'll all see soon, regular season has just started.

jimmy jr 09-11-2011 10:14 PM

Is it just me or does Mendenhall cough up the ball every time we play you guys?

mikegrimey 09-11-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy jr (Post 942887)
Is it just me or does Mendenhall cough up the ball every time we play you guys?

Not really

I don't think it's fair to blame Rashard for his fumble today though, he hardly got a hand on the ball before Ngata steamrolled him

Fire Arians 09-11-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikegrimey (Post 942922)
Not really

I don't think it's fair to blame Rashard for his fumble today though, he hardly got a hand on the ball before Ngata steamrolled him

ben shoulda tucked that ball and fell on it instead of handing it off. from the start that play was going nowhere and mendy was hit before the ball was even fully exchanged

IF our o-line was any good rashard would be one of the premier backs in the league, it seems like he has to beat 2-3 players just to make it back to the line of scrimmage on almost every play

mikegrimey 09-11-2011 11:19 PM

Don't know if I'd go that far. It's hard to imagine a lineman having a straight line at the handoff right away.

Danny136200 09-12-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler (Post 942869)
Ben's post-game comments sounded feebly childish, with silly little excuses, no kudos there.
Hey Ben, just admit it, they killed you, fair n' square. just move on.
Well, we'll all see soon, regular season has just started.

Dude, what are you talking about? He took all the blame and said that they need to move one. don't know what press conference you seen.