Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Good (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76397)

19ward86 09-11-2011 08:40 PM

The Good

Living in this hell hole i call home (ohio). i couldnt get access to the game. Even sports bars couldnt show it because of Direct TV's problems. I know the game was obviously upsetting but i wanna know if there was any good that came out of the game. Position battles or young guys stepping up etc...I saw Legursky missing blocks left and right on replays but Brown did well in the return game as usual.

GMU Steeler 09-11-2011 08:42 PM

Re: The Good

Brown does look good as a return man. Probably the best we've had in a while IMO.

19ward86 09-11-2011 08:45 PM

I really want to see Curtis Brown step up and become a starter by the end of the season. Same with Marcus Gilbert. Youth is so extremely important at this time.

Wallace108 09-11-2011 08:54 PM

About the only good I saw was Wallace looked better in running short routes. But then again, it was late in the game and the Ravens were playing back protecting their lead, so he wasn't really challenged. Other than that, Suisham was perfect on the day. :wink02:

madtowndrunkard 09-11-2011 09:31 PM

no.... take off the black and gold shades people.... the ONLY thing that remotely looked good was Mendenhall. PERIOD.

Multiple drops by WR's. Ben was pathetic and confused. The defense was laughable. Even Troy looked bad.

SH-Rock 09-11-2011 09:32 PM

Ike Taylor's coverage was on point today. He lost his cool at one point though.

Baltimore Ravens Fan 09-11-2011 09:35 PM

From a Ravens fan, there was some good, individual effort I saw.

1) Antonio Brown (I think that's his first name) was good on Punt Returns.

2) Ike Taylor didn't give up a catch to Lee Evans, when he was targeted 3 - 5 times.

3) Rashard Mendenhall had some good runs.

mashsoccer37 09-11-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baltimore Ravens Fan (Post 942903)
From a Ravens fan, there was some good, individual effort I saw.

1) Antonio Brown (I think that's his first name) was good on Punt Returns.

2) Ike Taylor didn't give up a catch to Lee Evans, when he was targeted 3 - 5 times.

3) Rashard Mendenhall had some good runs.

That sums it up pretty well for me

Navy86 09-11-2011 09:53 PM

Yep...youth played well. Vets were hit or miss. We need to get Gilbert, Allen and Brown on the field.

tony hipchest 09-11-2011 10:18 PM

bryant mcckinney looked pretty damn good. he should really help offset the loss of flozell and starks.

oh wait.... :doh:

mendenahall was money
wallace was money
taylor was money
keisel was money
a. brown was money
ward was money
sanders was money

unfortunately 7 turnovers killed us like they would with any team. it was baltimores superbowl. last time we had 7 turnovers was '95.

we went to the superbowl that year as well.