Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Can We All Stop Freaking Out? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76398)

Shreveport Steeler 09-11-2011 08:46 PM

Can We All Stop Freaking Out?

It's ONE game. This does not define our entire season. We obviously didn't come out ready to play. We get a very winnable game against Seattle next Sunday. And everybody needs to stop with the whole "our team is too old and slow" bs. The Steelers are 7 months removed from a Super Bowl. Tomlin will get these guys fired up. If anything, we will come out hungrier. I guarantee you the Steelers will be dominant this year. It's what we do. Let's go get number 7 :tt03:

GMU Steeler 09-11-2011 08:50 PM

Re: Can We All Stop Freaking Out?

I am a little worried I admit but it's way too early to put on the panic button. They won round one last time too. Let's get on the right track and we'll probably beat them in round 2 at home.

jjpro11 09-11-2011 08:58 PM

this kind of shit happens.. we've seen seen it first hand a couple times. 04 we spanked the Pats in the regular season, they came back and kicked the crap out of us in the AFCCG.. 05 we got spanked by the Colts in the regular season, we came back and beat them in the divisional round.

StainlessStill 09-11-2011 09:23 PM

Like I said before. Nothing went right. The whole entire day was an absolute mess. If Baltimore beat us at our best, I'd be worried but we simply weren't. We aren't as bad as we looked. People need to chill. We'll regroup and take care of business starting next week.

Navy86 09-11-2011 09:59 PM

I'm officially worried. Not that we lost, but the Steeler culture of the unwillingness to sit guys that are underperfoming at their respective positions. How long do we have to endure McFadden and Gay? If they are still the # 2 and 3 CB by midseason, we are no better than 4-4. I'll be happy to eat the crow if I'm wrong.

pancake 09-11-2011 10:57 PM

I have walked back from the ledge for now... :chuckle:

I think we just have a bad game and I hate it was against the Ratbirds...

StainlessStill 09-11-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenslifer (Post 942943)
not at your best?
cmon now
it would b nice if it was mayb acknowledged that you werent at your best because the ravens made you that way

What more do you supposedly want? Every Steelers fan known to man at this point admits that the Ravens completely ripped us a new one, sewed it back up, and ripped it again for shits and giggles. However, that was not the same Steelers team out there that made this rivalry so competitive. Things can go haywire sometimes, and the Steelers lived it today. Of course the Ravens did their job and beat us the way they intended to, but the Steelers made it a tad easier on Baltimore, not even close playing to their slightest potential.

If you want to gloat and claim the power shift has transferred after an opening game, fine, but don't expect us to lay down and think you guys will have your way with us next time. It's simply not happening. By all means, Baltimore fans have every right to gloat, they beat the team that crushed their hopes season, after season after season. You guys got bragging rights until November. When that 2nd game is underway, it'll be a whole new circumstance.

toughsticks87 09-11-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenslifer (Post 942943)
not at your best?
cmon now
it would b nice if it was mayb acknowledged that you werent at your best because the ravens made you that way

The Ravens wanted it more today. Live it up. It's not happening again.

ETL 09-11-2011 11:38 PM

I agree - we should stop freaking out.

But freaker outers will continue to do so ... they can't help it.

StainlessStill 09-11-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETL (Post 942978)
I agree - we should stop freaking out.

But freaker outers will continue to do so ... they can't help it.

LOL, the freaker outers. NICE. Am I the only one not too worried about this? I actually felt like we needed to be humbled. Thanks Baltimore, this will only get us better.:tt04: