Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Scuffles with Ravens may cost Taylor and Polamalu (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76437)

SteelCityMom 09-12-2011 06:15 AM

Scuffles with Ravens may cost Taylor and Polamalu

Steelers Notebook: Scuffles with Ravens may cost Taylor and Polamalu
Monday, September 12, 2011
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Officials kicked no one out even though two of them hit the turf while Ravens and Steelers battled after play ended. But some of them can expect the fines to roll in this week.

Take Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor. He was penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct after he head-butted Ravens tackle Michael Oher.
Or Troy Polamalu, who was involved in pushing and shoving with some Ravens who looked as though they were trying to bring him down around his ankles after a play.

"We got beat up all over the field today, most of the game against our rivals," Polamalu said. "I may have lost it a little bit, which is not a good example, especially to my family and to the fans and children. You know what? That's also part of this game. The truth of it is, we got our butts kicked today."

And, fined by Thursday?

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11255...#ixzz1XjgF6Yfz

steelax04 09-12-2011 08:08 AM

Re: Scuffles with Ravens may cost Taylor and Polamalu

Really? What is Bouchette trying to stir up here?

SouthTexasSteel 09-12-2011 08:13 AM

I'm sure uncle Rog is gonna get plenty of money for his favorite charity the next time they play!!! :popcorn:

LVSteelersfan 09-12-2011 11:07 AM

Sure. And the guy who grabbed Troy by the facemask and hurled him to the ground will get nothing. That is Roger's typical reaction.

CaliStillersFan 09-12-2011 11:20 AM

Well they both got new contracts for plenty of money, so they can afford it. Our defenders getting fined shouldn't even be news-worthy anymore.

Kanata-Steeler 09-12-2011 01:06 PM

Roger Godell seems to just play political patsy to whatever blows his way (and I do mean monetary), I can't stand that meely-tight-lipped little NFL commisioner.
the NFL needs another Tagliaboo. Roger is just a figure-headed puppet Commisioner, The health and safety of ALL players is important, but this is one sport, as well as Hockey, that demand's the most physically and emotionally out of ALL it's players.
It's not Syncronized Swimming Roger !, it is afterall FOOTBALL< or have you never played it yourself. ?

On Troy's worst day he could not be mean. -and even then, Troy honestly, and publically admits he gotta a little emotional.
What more does Roger G. want to hear ?
Naaaa, I'll tell you all for the last,time, Harrison called Roger out of the closet, but Godell can't seem to rise above it. He holds comtempt (for the Steelers) for something he really doesn't even understand.

So can we finally get a "REAL" NFL commisioner, err' whatever ?

thx.

Fire Arians 09-12-2011 01:12 PM

im sure a $15k fine doesn't mean squat to 2 players who just signed at least 20 million dollar contracts

tanda10506 09-12-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 943250)
im sure a $15k fine doesn't mean squat to 2 players who just signed at least 20 million dollar contracts

It's still screwed up though. I don't know if Taylor was provoked or not, if he was then no big deal, if he wasn't then that's pretty stupid of him. But with Troy, they started that, and it's not like he had his helmet off throwing blows. I didn't see the part with Ike so I won't comment, but if Polamalu gets fined or suspended or anything, that's absolute BS.

On a side note, during the fight with Troy, was one of the refs knocked out cold? You couldn't really see his face cause players were in the way, but all I saw was him laying there not moving even the slightest bit. Was wondering if he was actually knocked out? I will say this, the refs did a decent job. Of course they acted like they didn't see Harrison being held 6-10 OBVIOUS times, but I honestly think that they are not allowed to call a holding in Harrison's favor. They didn't really make any bad calls though and they kept there cool during all the "fights", even though one of them clearly got hurt.

caplovestroyp43 09-12-2011 10:16 PM

Be you ever so humble Troy, you know what? Even YOU have limits. You are not a bad example at all! What you are is human and you got caught up in a sea of emotion. Who wouldn't in that particular moment?

Don't be so hard on yourself. We'll always love you for what you are and for what you do for this team and for children in Pittsburgh Hospitals. THEY know who you REALLY are and we do too.

And we couldn't be more prouder to say that YOU, SIR TROY, are a STEELER for LIFE!!

Love Ya Always,

Cap

:hug:

Riddle_Of_Steel 09-12-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 943250)

This is the common reaction from among those that like to "eat the rich", but if you do the math and divide their salaries out over the span of the terms of their contract, $15k is still a LOT of money.

Would be like you or I having to fork over a month's worth of salary for a minor infraction at work. I know I would not be too happy.

Where would you or I be without any salary for a month? Digging into savings pretty heavily and maybe not being able to pay rent/mortgage that month....

The players make more money, but they have correspondingly larger lifestyles to match.

Saying $15k should be nothing to any of these guys, would be like illegal aliens saying that an extra $27 billion in expenses should be nothing for a country that has a $2 trillion a year GDP....neither is accurate.