Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Vegas Lists The Steelers As Huge Favorites vs Seattle (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76457)

SlackerCSB 09-12-2011 01:51 PM

Vegas Lists The Steelers As Huge Favorites vs Seattle

They are favored by 16! I think we'll be just fine. Shrug off the Balt game and get ready for next week.

GMU Steeler 09-12-2011 01:52 PM

Re: Vegas Lists The Steelers As Huge Favorites vs Seattle

We do traditionally well after tough losses. I think the Seahawks are in for a nasty surprise next week. Just gotta rebound and move on, and learn from mistakes made yesterday. That's the only thing that can be done. Can't let it dwell and linger.

SlackerCSB 09-12-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMU Steeler (Post 943237)
We do traditionally well after tough losses. I think the Seahawks are in for a nasty surprise next week. Just gotta rebound and move on, and learn from mistakes made yesterday. That's the only thing that can be done. Can't let it dwell and linger.

Agreed. Early season NFL means very little. Just get to your bye week at 2-2 or 3-3 and get hot at the end of the season. I remember how the sky was falling after the Philly game a few years ago - and then we went on to pick up our 6th ring. :tt:

GMU Steeler 09-12-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlackerCSB (Post 943240)
Agreed. Early season NFL means very little. Just get to your bye week at 2-2 or 3-3 and get hot at the end of the season. I remember how the sky was falling after the Philly game a few years ago - and then we went on to pick up our 6th ring. :tt:

People were panicking after the New England game last year too and then we made the SB. But yep, I am a little worried, I won't lie but it's still early and a lot of foot ball to be played. People just need to realize that this is still the same team that went to the Super Bowl last year. We need to improve certainly but people acting like the season is lost are being chicken littles pure and simple.

Steeldude 09-12-2011 02:10 PM

16 is a little much, IMO.

Fire Arians 09-12-2011 02:11 PM

seattle is weak and they have to travel across the country to play us. if we don't win this game big, then that causes more concern than the baltimore disaster

Steel_Bus_24 09-12-2011 02:13 PM

if we come out flat after that ugly ass display, then nothing is going to get these guys motivated and the mindset is just totally wrong this year

ggoldman 09-12-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlackerCSB (Post 943240)

I hope we're not 2-2 or 3-3 by then, because the bye week is in week 11

steeltheone 09-12-2011 03:09 PM

Pittsburgh Central Catholic HS Could beat Seattle.

tanda10506 09-12-2011 03:18 PM

I have no doubt we will beat them, it's how we beat them. The pass coverage has to be better ( I know it will never be great) and that starts with pressure. I'll be looking at that D line a lot. Ben has to step up, the interceptions yesterday were unbelievable, nearly video game status the way they were thrown, ridiculous. With these receivers this should be an explosive offense, he has to step it up and play like we are used to him playing. Another big thing I think to watch for is how are they hitting and running around? If they are lazy running, or whatever you would call how they were running yesterday, then it could be a long year. I'm looking for these guys to be flying around laying "the wood" on some Seahawks. If Ben doesn't at least get the passing game going "well" and if our guys our slow and unprepared then the rest of the season looks ugly. We come out moving the ball and knock someone the f*&^ out, then there's still a good chance we can win this year, just HAVE to fix the O line and the #2 corner.