Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Did The Steelers Need This? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76501)

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 09-13-2011 12:15 AM

Did The Steelers Need This?

does Anyone Eles Believe That The Steelers Needed This Beating To Show Them That We Are Not As Good As We Thought And Come Back Stronger? Remember the Pats Game? We Did Really Good After That Just 1 Lost.. But i Still Hated To See Us Get Killed By The Ravens But I Believe All The Talk Saying Joe Flacco Cant Beat The Steelers When Big Ben Plays Just Caught up To Them... But i Still Believe They Will Be Back In The Superbowl But This Time Win It. :tt03::tt03:

Any Thoughts?

JustinM 09-13-2011 12:25 AM

Re: Did The Steelers Need This?

I don't think the Steelers like being the "Top Dog". We like to stay somewhere around the middle and then slowly emerge as champions.

tony hipchest 09-13-2011 12:26 AM

i think it must take alot of effort to capitalize evey single word in a sentence. i also think the steelers needed a win and were better served kicking the ravens asses.

incase you forgot, the steelers have wound up in tie breaker situations with these guys for several years now.

those are my thoughts.

Fire Arians 09-13-2011 12:35 AM

we have a veteran team, so the answer is no. we shouldn't 'need' an ass kicking to get ready to play football

JustinM 09-13-2011 12:37 AM

maybe it's like the preseason situation?
We get destroyed in our first game, but clean it up by the 2nd one.

:)

MACH1 09-13-2011 12:51 AM

That hurts my eyes.

Wallace108 09-13-2011 01:33 AM

I get what you're saying, Black and Yellow. I think a sobering loss can benefit a team if it happens late in the season and they've been on a long winning streak. But I don't think it has the same effect in the first game of the season.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 09-13-2011 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinM (Post 943472)
maybe it's like the preseason situation?
We get destroyed in our first game, but clean it up by the 2nd one.

:)

sorry i had to get my thought in quick lol my bad...

Steelersfan87 09-13-2011 02:53 AM

I don't think they *needed* THIS, but I think that it will be beneficial in the long run. I think it's good that the Ravens got the Steelers monkey off their backs. Hopefully they'll be less motivated in the games that actually matter, instead of in week 1.

Pittsburgh43 09-13-2011 03:11 AM

You could argue that, maybe their heads were getting a little big. They all talked about how the lockout was an advantage because they have a veteran team and they would be better positioned than the rest. Clearly, this wasn't the case. Only time will tell.

But if losing a Super Bowl and being embarrassed by our nemesis in back to back games doesn't get this team fired up and motivated, nothing will.