Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hurry up SUNDAY!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76570)

BIGNASTY91 09-14-2011 06:30 AM

Hurry up SUNDAY!!!

Sunday week 2 cant get here fast enough. This has been the longest week ever and its only wednesday!! Im so tired of all the doom and gloom from everyone, tired of everytime i turn on the tv i keep seeing the replays of the game! Im ready to move on to week 2 and see were we stand there. Sure its against the seachickens, but how we respond to last weeks loss will say alot about the rest of the season. Hurry up SUNDAY!!! :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Wallace108 09-14-2011 06:47 AM

Re: Hurry up SUNDAY!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGNASTY91 (Post 943870)
Im ready to move on to week 2 and see were we stand there. Sure its against the seachickens, but how we respond to last weeks loss will say alot about the rest of the season. Hurry up SUNDAY!!! :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Yeah, I agree. How we play Sunday will let us know whether the Ravens game was just a fluke or if we have reason to panic. I'm betting we see a much different Steelers team Sunday, and not just because we're playing a weaker opponent.

Rick5895 09-14-2011 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGNASTY91 (Post 943870)
Sunday week 2 cant get here fast enough. This has been the longest week ever and its only wednesday!! Im so tired of all the doom and gloom from everyone, tired of everytime i turn on the tv i keep seeing the replays of the game! Im ready to move on to week 2 and see were we stand there. Sure its against the seachickens, but how we respond to last weeks loss will say alot about the rest of the season. Hurry up SUNDAY!!! :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Abso--friggin--lutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt04::tt02::tt::tt03::drink::drink:

steelfury02 09-14-2011 08:11 AM

I thought everyone who hasn't read it yet might enjoy this bright spot in what otherwise has been indeed a gloomy 3 or 4 days.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11257/1174434-66.stm

Pouncey's endorsement of Gilbert made me feel a little better but as we all know the proof is in the pudding. If these two guys can have some chemistry, maybe Gilbert can shape himself to be another leading voice on the offensive line.

As far as Sunday's game v. the Seachickens - I'll only feel a little satisfied if we win, if nothing else it will get some of the bad taste out of my mouth. I'd love to see the Ravens slip up this week after such an emotional high against us.

Here's hoping! (And yea - is that Houston game looming large for anyone else? Got an uneasy feeling about that game. Ah, we'll see...)

steelerzfannforever 09-14-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelfury02 (Post 943885)
I thought everyone who hasn't read it yet might enjoy this bright spot in what otherwise has been indeed a gloomy 3 or 4 days.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11257/1174434-66.stm

Pouncey's endorsement of Gilbert made me feel a little better but as we all know the proof is in the pudding. If these two guys can have some chemistry, maybe Gilbert can shape himself to be another leading voice on the offensive line.

As far as Sunday's game v. the Seachickens - I'll only feel a little satisfied if we win, if nothing else it will get some of the bad taste out of my mouth. I'd love to see the Ravens slip up this week after such an emotional high against us.

Here's hoping! (And yea - is that Houston game looming large for anyone else? Got an uneasy feeling about that game. Ah, we'll see...)

Houston is one of those teams that can scorch you at anytime. On the other hand, they can also play a terrible game much like we did Sunday. Id say at this point, we had better be ready to play them or we may be in for a long day against them as well!!!

ebsteelers 09-14-2011 08:33 AM

agreed cant wait till sunday, im running out of tissues for all the crying going on in here.. goodness

SoCalFan 09-14-2011 09:39 AM

Im also in need of this week 2 game to get here quick,BUT I will only be satisfied if we win by a sizeable margin! If we squeez out a 3 point win my concern will continue!

Steelerfreak58 09-14-2011 09:47 AM

Look out because it might be another one of those "UNLEASH HELL" kinda things... just saying.

I think the Seahawks are in for some serious pain but then again all they have to do is take notes from the Patriots they have a proven method of how to beat the Steelers. Green Bay did it , Baltimore took notes it seems as well and it worked pretty well for them.

Our defense is now in football terms just flat out old. In your mid-thirties you don't heal as fast, you are not as physically as fast as you were in your twenties, and it takes twice as long to recover from everything. Most of those guys would never want to admit it but I noticed it when I hit my mid thirties your ego never wants to admit it though.

Those guys on that field are competitors its all they have ever known and they have all pretty much been the elite of the elite. Its hard to realize or admit you have lost a step. I really hope I am wrong but I don't think I am. I want to be though.