Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   It's Wednesday... Steelers/Seahawks (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76588)

ebsteelers 09-14-2011 03:51 PM

It's Wednesday... Steelers/Seahawks

no more need to talk about what happened vs. the ravens LAST Sunday, the team moved on, time for us fans to do the same. from years of playing, once the film is watched of the last game, its time to move on and prepare for the next. cant get that one back, no point in trying to..

and with that said lets start giving options for this week's game and predictions.

The Steelers linebackers SHOULD have their way with the seahawks tackles... if jackson is beating us passing then we are in trouble.

Is Sidney Rice Playing?

Offensive- will be just fine clean up the turnovers, and the points will come... what was that 3 turnovers in the redzone.. turn them into td's were at 28 on good d. let alone the seahawks..

special teams- ted ginn ripped them up... i think brown can do the same.

lastly early start time... 1pm game. for a west coast team is always trouble

Steelers 34-
Seahawks 10.

jv's are in by the 4th quarter

DanRooney 09-14-2011 05:29 PM

Re: It's Wednesday... Steelers/Seahawks

This game hardly even interests me.

Steelers - 24
Seahawks - 10

JustinM 09-14-2011 06:03 PM

if its any worse than Steelers-21 Seahawks-10 we should be worried.

Fire Arians 09-14-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanRooney (Post 943980)

Steelers - 24
Seahawks - 10

I'm interested in it to see how well the team bounces back from a tough loss like last weekend. IMO how we bounce back will determine how far we go. Respond like champs or just throw in the towel?

Also I want to see gilbert in action. any time a rookie is getting a start (esp our rd. 1-2 picks), that's reason enough to be interested in the game. just my opinion though.

Rick5895 09-14-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanRooney (Post 943980)

Steelers - 24
Seahawks - 10

Hardly interests you ? Wow ! Whether the Steelers are good, bad or really bad I look forward to every game with hope.

Anything less means , imo, you're not a true fan of the mighty Black and Gold.

BTW. Steelers 38 - Seabags.10. ( only because Leon Washington returns one on us.)

Whodis 09-14-2011 08:17 PM

I wouldn't say hardly interests me. however, the taste could be washed out with a follow up against a team like the Jets or Chargers. Anything less then domination would be disapointing.

I'm still bitter from Sunday and I feel obligated since I sit with a luchroom full of Rat fans and season ticket holders. Forgetting about this game wasn't much of an option for me.

NoFieldFive 09-15-2011 12:19 AM

living in Seattle this game interests me a good bit. I hear Levy is one of the refs. he's the one from the Steelers/Hawks Superbowl and last year came out saying he made bad calls in that game. hopefully he's not out to make up any calls he thinks he missed

CALSTEELER88 09-15-2011 01:18 AM

Hopefully the Steelers take this game more seriously than anyone here on the board. 2 weeks ago looking at the schedule I thought we would crush the Hawks. After last weeks shenanigans I think we look pretty evenly matched. BTW, the Hawks lost to the Niners because of a couple Special Team blunders allowing Ginn to score twice in 30 seconds. The Hawks held Gore to 59 yards on 22 attempts. Gore has been one of the only consistently productive players on the Niners for the past 5-6 years but he looked average on Sunday. If a completely different Steelers team does not show on Sunday then this game is going to be more interesting and closer than anyone thinks...I hope I'm completely wrong.

DanRooney 09-15-2011 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whodis (Post 944015)
I wouldn't say hardly interests me. however, the taste could be washed out with a follow up against a team like the Jets or Chargers. Anything less then domination would be disapointing.

I'm still bitter from Sunday and I feel obligated since I sit with a luchroom full of Rat fans and season ticket holders. Forgetting about this game wasn't much of an option for me.

Exactly.

Not saying I'm not going to watch the game. But if we win, it's still not going to get that ass whopping out of my head. We're playing a weak team in a weak division with a 3rd string caliber quarterback who's missing their best player Eric Berry. If we don't win by domination, I'd be disappointed too. But then again, we always play down to our competition.

Pentheon 09-15-2011 08:38 AM

Got my lower level tickets to the game...im excited for my first home opener even though its the seahawks. We cant under estimate them though, we always seem to have trouble with the weaker opponent and being 0-1 already we can't afford to lose this game, we need to beat teams like this