Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76639)

SeahawksBlogger 09-15-2011 05:06 PM

How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers

Here's how I think Seattle can beat Pittsburgh

http://seahawks.sportsblog.com/post/..._can_beat.html

(moderators: my blog has no ads and I seriously doubt any of you guys will become followers. I'm only inlcuding the link to start a coversation.)

SteelCityMom 09-15-2011 05:14 PM

Re: How the Seahawks Can Beat the Pittsburgh Steelers

It's cool...and welcome to the board!

I like you're write up on the game, and this is definitely Pittsburgh's game to lose.

I have trouble thinking that just because the Steelers are pissed about the loss, that this will be an easy win on Sunday. There were a lot of games that "should" have been easy wins in '09, and we just got creamed.

I know Carroll has these guys pumped up, and I know he always has the mentality that they CAN beat anyone if they plan properly...it showed last year when they actually did it in the playoffs.

Here's to a good game though...and please, please, please don't let anymore of our OL men get hurt! (or yours either lol)

Fire Arians 09-15-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeahawksBlogger (Post 944250)
Here's how I think Seattle can beat Pittsburgh

http://seahawks.sportsblog.com/post/..._can_beat.html

(moderators: my blog has no ads and I seriously doubt any of you guys will become followers. I'm only inlcuding the link to start a coversation.)

I'm not even going to read that, but if seattle beats us it's safe to say our team should just focus on rebuilding cause we ain't gonna beat anybody

SeahawksBlogger 09-15-2011 05:19 PM

Thanks SCMom. The spread is 14.5 points right now. I think it's justified. However, I'm hoping if the Steelers get off to a slow start, they might get frustrated.

SeahawksBlogger 09-15-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 944253)
I'm not even going to read that, but if seattle beats us it's safe to say our team should just focus on rebuilding cause we ain't gonna beat anybody

Hey, I'm not gonna argue with you; however, though Seattle is struggling on offense, they're defense may suprise you. It's better than you think.

JustinM 09-15-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeahawksBlogger (Post 944255)
Hey, I'm not gonna argue with you; however, though Seattle is struggling on offense, they're defense may suprise you. It's better than you think.

I'll be sure to bump this post to the top after the game :thumbsup:

SeahawksBlogger 09-15-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinM (Post 944257)
I'll be sure to bump this post to the top after the game :thumbsup:

What the heck, man. I didn't say they were going to win. I said they could if they did everything perfectly. Calm down.

StainlessStill 09-15-2011 05:39 PM

If the Steelers play like the way they played against Baltimore then we'd lose to Notre Dame. 7 turnovers is just un-acceptable but coming back home, after getting humiliated, going up against a much more inferior team has the works of murder written all over it.

However, I've watched the NFL for a long time and I've seen how Pittsburgh plays down to their competition so I wouldn't be surprised to see Seattle make a game out of this. If the Steelers don't win by more than 3 TD's then that'll worry me.

Good luck SeahawksBlogger.

LVSteelersfan 09-15-2011 07:43 PM

They need to cream Seattle by 3-4 TDs. If they play down to their level, there is no telling what can happen. We have seen it before. Rarely do teams from the Western states come out and beat the Steelers at home. But I still remember the Raiders doing that very thing not that many years ago. That game was pathetic and I hope there is not a repeat of it. Seattle is an even worse team than that Raiders team was. Tavaris Jackson is a joke. How he ever got another starting gig in the NFL is beyond my comprehension. But we did have Kordell Stewart as a QB for a few years too many, so go figure.

Rick5895 09-15-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan (Post 944291)
They need to cream Seattle by 3-4 TDs. If they play down to their level, there is no telling what can happen. We have seen it before. Rarely do teams from the Western states come out and beat the Steelers at home. But I still remember the Raiders doing that very thing not that many years ago. That game was pathetic and I hope there is not a repeat of it. Seattle is an even worse team than that Raiders team was. Tavaris Jackson is a joke. How he ever got another starting gig in the NFL is beyond my comprehension. But we did have Kordell Stewart as a QB for a few years too many, so go figure.

Ya that Raiders game still mystifies me, I was at the game and 3 times inside the 20 in the first half and only 3 points to show for it. If we accomplish that low lite this week we will be in trouble. The Seahawks have an equalizer, his name is Leon Washington. If we're not careful he could return 1 or 2 against us and keep Seattle in the game. I am hopeful we put the hammer down on D and O and score every time the opportunity presents itself. For me I want to see a 40 burger on the Seahawks.