Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Roethlisberger: No-huddle offense likely to make comeback vs. Seattle (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76671)

SteelCityMom 09-16-2011 08:10 AM

Roethlisberger: No-huddle offense likely to make comeback vs. Seattle

Roethlisberger: No-huddle offense likely to make comeback vs. Seattle
Thursday, September 15, 2011
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger experienced a rough day Sunday in Baltimore, one of the worst in his eight seasons with the Steelers. Even a broken nose his previous visit there felt better.

He tossed three interceptions and lost two fumbles, not counting another fumble on a botched handoff exchange with halfback Rashard Mendenhall. The Ravens sacked him four times for good measure as the Steelers absorbed a 35-7 thumping.

Roethlisberger had only five interceptions in the regular season last year. He has thrown seven in his past three games, counting the Super Bowl and AFC championship.

"I was talking to coach [Dick] LeBeau, and we used our mulligan on the first tee," Roethlisberger said. "We take our penalty stroke and we have 17 more holes to birdie.

"We just didn't come together, and I didn't play well. I think we're all entitled to a bad day now and then, and we move on."

One thing Roethlisberger promised to change against the Seattle Seahawks is the use of the no-huddle offense. The Steelers did not show it in Baltimore; they will Sunday in Heinz Field, he vowed.

"Yeah, I'll make sure of that. We need to. We didn't do it at all the last game. We kind of throw a lot of things out the window when you're getting killed like that. I know people are probably making a big deal that we didn't run the ball enough. I think we'll see [the no-huddle] this week."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11258...#ixzz1Y7XdFiwo

NoFieldFive 09-16-2011 10:06 AM

Re: Roethlisberger: No-huddle offense likely to make comeback vs. Seattle

they've always played well in no huddle yet rarely use it....unless it's end of the game and no time left

Steel Peon 09-16-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCMom (Post 944399)
Roethlisberger promised to change against the Seattle Seahawks is the use of the no-huddle offense. The Steelers did not show it in Baltimore; they will Sunday in Heinz Field, he vowed.

I guess as long as it's not Arians making this promise it might be a bit more believable this time...........but I'm not holding my breath. :noidea:

Steelers>NFL 09-16-2011 03:08 PM

Even if it is true that they plan to run the no-huddle offense this week against Seattle
(which I do not believe it), then why would you advertise this and tip off
your opponent? :banging:

ricardisimo 09-16-2011 04:39 PM

Arians is already backing away from Ben's comments. This should be interesting. Let's see who calls the shots.

SteelCityMom 09-16-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardisimo (Post 944469)
Arians is already backing away from Ben's comments. This should be interesting. Let's see who calls the shots.

I facepalmed myself just now. I guess I should read all of the article before posting it. :chuckle:

F-ing hate Arians.

SH-Rock 09-16-2011 05:37 PM

Arians does make a valid point, but I think this is the best chance as ever to do the no-huddle in a real game just for experience for the young guys.

Steel Peon 09-16-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardisimo (Post 944469)
Arians is already backing away from Ben's comments.

Well of course he would, why not? A no-huddle offense never won us anything right? Unless you count that Super Bowl, that is........nothing big.

JustinM 09-16-2011 09:28 PM

anytime a team goes into no-huddle offense mode they pretty much automatically run the ball up the field easily...i dont see why more teams dont take advantage of this o.0

Whodis 09-18-2011 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH-Rock (Post 944485)
Arians does make a valid point, but I think this is the best chance as ever to do the no-huddle in a real game just for experience for the young guys.

I never saw that posted before!

I guess the question I pose is "how has is the current offensive game planning working?"