Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Chad Scott happy for Ex-teammates. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7671)

Livinginthe past 06-05-2006 06:17 PM

Chad Scott happy for Ex-teammates.

FOXBOROUGH -- If the Patriots weren?t the team to be receiving Super Bowl rings, cornerback Chad Scott is glad it was the Steelers.

?I was rooting for them [in the Super Bowl],? Scott said during a break in the Patriots? offseason program at Gillette Stadium. ?I have a lot of friends on that team.?

The 31-year-old Scott, entering his second season with the Patriots, spent the first eight years of his career with the Steelers. He was particularly happy for running back Jerome Bettis, ?a guy who has laid it on the line for a long time.?

The Steelers received their Super Bowl rings over the weekend, following a visit to the White House. Meanwhile, back at Gillette Stadium, Scott continues to prepare himself for the 2006 season, his 10th in the NFL. He played in three games with New England last year before being placed on injured reserve. In March, he was re-signed to a two-year deal ($200,000 signing bonus).

?I feel good, right now I?m doing really well,? he said. ?My body feels great and I?m just looking forward to the opportunity to compete.?

The competition at cornerback includes 10 players, and Scott would appear to be on the bubble:

Asante Samuel
Ellis Hobbs
Eric Warfield
Randall Gay
Chad Scott
Hank Poteat
Antwain Spann
Willie Andrews
Vernell Brown
Gemara Williams

The 6-foot-1, 202-pound Scott and the 6-foot, 200-pound Eric Warfield bring a different dimension to the group as the tallest, heaviest corners.

?A little bit more physical play,? Scott said. ?I?m not sure exactly how it?s going to unfold, but it?ll be fun competing.?

The competition took on a different form today as the Patriots began a veteran passing camp.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal.../reiss_pieces/

NM

clevestinks 06-05-2006 06:39 PM

Re: Chad Scott happy for Ex-teammates.

Class act on his part.

Suitanim 06-05-2006 08:06 PM

He should be happy...he created the paradigm that the Steelers are now desperately scrambling to distance themselves from: Overpaying players based on what they USED to be able to do, compared to what kind of performance they may be able to deliver in the future.

Just a couple years ago, Chad Scott became the highest paid player in Steelers history.

SteelerzGirl 06-05-2006 08:25 PM

Awww... That was really, really nice of Chad to say. I always liked him and was sad when he left the Steelers.

Black@Gold Forever32 06-05-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
Awww... That was really, really nice of Chad to say. I always liked him and was sad when he left the Steelers.

That was classy of Chad to say that. But I wasn't sad to see him go. By the time his Steelers career came to an end. He was known as Chad "aka Toast" Scott. But Chad did have that knee injury early in his career with the Steelers. I don't think he was ever the same after that. I think that happened his rookie year in 1997 with the Steelers.

pitt 06-05-2006 11:44 PM

I liked him.

Prosdo 06-06-2006 01:05 AM

Classy move Chad!

BB2W 06-06-2006 11:09 AM

I know a lot of you would disagree, but I always liked Chad Scott. His level of play tailed off at the end and he became a liability, but he did put in some solid years.

Steel12 06-06-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB2W
I know a lot of you would disagree, but I always liked Chad Scott. His level of play tailed off at the end and he became a liability, but he did put in some solid years.

True for the most part...I would say those solid years were due to the fact that teams weren't passing on us like they were in 2002. We have John Kitna and the Bengals to thank for changing our ways...

RoethlisBURGHer 06-06-2006 12:21 PM

For all the cussing I did at him with his method of letting a reciever get ten yards seperation,run another 20 yards,and then tackling him...he was always a class act.But still,he was Burnt Toast.

I think Chad Scott deserves a ring though,he made the Steelers realize the error of thier ways by overpaying him for his limited production.