Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Super Bowl Championship Fan Rings For Him (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7672)

Lyn 06-05-2006 06:39 PM

Super Bowl Championship Fan Rings For Him

You Have To Sign IN

http://shop.jostens.com/Catalog.asp?...1MHV27AD8514J4

Try This One

http://shop.jostens.com/customer.asp...60214153231314

clevestinks 06-05-2006 06:44 PM

Re: Super Bowl Championship Fan Rings For Him

You need to be a Jostens customer already??? I know my company spends a fortune with them, we get 15 year awards that are a huge class ring! I`ll have to ask them!

tony hipchest 06-05-2006 06:49 PM

i know the price of gold is through the roof right about now but $1500 for a 10k ring is rediculous. even their typical class rings for 500-600 bucks are overpriced.

Livinginthe past 06-05-2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i know the price of gold is through the roof right about now but $1500 for a 10k ring is rediculous. even their typical class rings for 500-600 bucks are overpriced.

A SB replica ring is seriously $1500?

You guys really going to buy them?

NM

tony hipchest 06-05-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
A SB replica ring is seriously $1500?

You guys really going to buy them?

NM

did you click on the link? they look nothing like the ring. to call it a replica is a farce. for that much money i can commission my brother to make an almost EXACT and lifesize copy of the actual lombardi trophy for my living room. usa today even had a piece before the sb of how tiffany constructs them.

Livinginthe past 06-05-2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

did you click on the link? they look nothing like the ring. to call it a replica is a farce. for that much money i can commission my brother to make an almost EXACT and lifesize copy of the actual lombardi trophy for my living room. usa today even had a piece before the sb of how tiffany constructs them.

I didnt want to go to the bother of signing up for the website - you know how to post a picture up of the offending items?

Seems weird that they would have them not resemble the actual rings closely - is this fairly typical for SB 'fan' rings?

So...wheres the Lombardi going...on top of the wide screen...and will it be re-named the Cowher?

NM

tony hipchest 06-05-2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

I didnt want to go to the bother of signing up for the website - you know how to post a picture up of the offending items?

Seems weird that they would have them not resemble the actual rings closely - is this fairly typical for SB 'fan' rings?

So...wheres the Lombardi going...on top of the wide screen...and will it be re-named the Cowher?

NM

just click the original link in lyn's post. you dont need to sign in to see:

good question on the lombardi. (i could have him inscribe it with cowher.) my brother would do it for the price of silver (which wouldnt be more than a few hundered bucks and about 15-20 bucks an hour for labor. it would probably take him about 36-48 hours. since he graduated at utep he has become the curator of their art museum and a professor in sculpting 101 so he would have full use of their facilities and equipment. im seriously considering it just for a conversation piece but im sure its fairly illegal. lol

Livinginthe past 06-05-2006 07:36 PM

I seen them now, thanks...how does a pewter sound to you?

Thats about what I would spend on that ring I think.

On the other hand, it would be worth something as a collectors item - you know...as the last ring the Steelers ever won :sofunny:

That Lombardi trophy sounds pretty awesome - I think you will probably be safe from the prying eyes of the law...well....unless you decide to take it to a hip hop festival in Miami anytime soon......

NM

tony hipchest 06-05-2006 07:46 PM

Quote:

I seen them now, thanks...how does a pewter sound to you?

Thats about what I would spend on that ring I think.

On the other hand, it would be worth something as a collectors item - you know...as the last ring the Steelers ever won :sofunny:

That Lombardi trophy sounds pretty awesome - I think you will probably be safe from the prying eyes of the law...well....unless you decide to take it to a hip hop festival in Miami anytime soon......

NM

i just looked at the ladies versions. dont fall for it ladies! the pewter would be cool just to have, i guess but i could carve an actual replica of the original out of wax from the picture alone and have my brother make a mold. (gold jewelry is his specialty) buing and setting the stones would be no problem. then again i cant afford that type of ice right about now and i wouldnt wear it anyways. not like i played on the team.

however the usa today article showed how the lombardis are made step by step and the exact dimensions. with the instructions, it would be like baking a batch of cookies for him. all it would take is the material and $$$ for the labor. it is eccentric but i would be the only person i know who had one and i think there are only 40 of them made.

Livinginthe past 06-05-2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

i just looked at the ladies versions. dont fall for it ladies! the pewter would be cool just to have, i guess but i could carve an actual replica of the original out of wax from the picture alone and have my brother make a mold. (gold jewelry is his specialty) buing and setting the stones would be no problem. then again i cant afford that type of ice right about now and i wouldnt wear it anyways. not like i played on the team.

however the usa today article showed how the lombardis are made step by step and the exact dimensions. with the instructions, it would be like baking a batch of cookies for him. all it would take is the material and $$$ for the labor. it is eccentric but i would be the only person i know who had one and i think there are only 40 of them made.

I dont know how you would be set with copyright infringement - but it sounds like a potential money making scheme to me.

Do you think many Steeler fans would wear it down to the local sports bar on a sunday - like you say, it sounds like one of those momento's that you keep in its box.

If the value of the Steeler XL SB rings dips in future months we will know that Hipchest and Brother having been baking and sellin' them like hot cakes.

Good point with the ladies rings - they look nothing like the original and I cant imagine that big of a market for re-sale.

NM