Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   inactives- kemoeatu & mcfadden most notable (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76750)

tony hipchest 09-18-2011 11:00 AM

inactives- kemoeatu & mcfadden most notable

dixon
mcfadden
kemoeatu
dwyer
carter
meredith
cotchery

tony hipchest 09-18-2011 11:04 AM

Re: inactives- kemoeatu & mcfadden most notable

Dejan_Kovacevic

G Ramon Foster will start in place of Kemoeatu, and CB William Gay will start in place of McFadden

so much for lewis getting his 1st start of the year. hopefully he doesnt do any too dumb at nicket and can make a great showing, to earn more time.

Fire Arians 09-18-2011 11:16 AM

god damn. my first reaction to mcfadden being inactive was finally thinking lewis was going to have his shot.

what's the sense of starting gay? I mean we already saw what he was capable of, and lewis had a strong preseason.

tony hipchest 09-18-2011 11:23 AM

i think its because lewis cant ev en get through special teams w/o making stupid penalties. gay is rarely penalized. lewis (wile good) seems like a bit of a hothead. :hunch:

MasterOfPuppets 09-18-2011 11:34 AM

i remember a few years ago the steelers had a young CB on the bench who the fans were convinced was better than the old starter. for 4 years the fans threw fits and cursed the staff for letting their new star rot away on the pine....
that player was none other than...."the great" bryant mcfadden ... now you know the rest of the story ... :popcorn:

tony hipchest 09-18-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 944719)
i remember a few years ago the steelers had a young CB on the bench who the fans were convinced was better than the old starter. for 4 years the fans through fits and cursed the staff for letting their new star rot away on the pine....
that player was none other than...."the great" bryant mcfadden ... now you know the rest of the story ... :popcorn:

lol... i remember people thinking deshea townsend (who dick lebeau calls the smartest player he ever coached) was absolute rubbish - i.e. bill gay - until he intercepted that game winning td vs dallas in our spectacular 08 sb season.

truesteelerfan 09-18-2011 11:54 AM

Back before McFadden went to the Cards, I was happy to have him...I still think that 1st quarter TD grab by Boldin last week was not due to poor coverage, just a great throw...But despite our individual feelings on McFadden, I think...that all of us acknowledge a huge drop off in today's game once he's out of the lineup. Here's Gay's last shot IMO- he's OK as a nickel, but just OK....Hopefully if those of you who saw more of the preseason than me are correct and Lewis is as good as you all say...they will both get some reps this game as the #2 CB....Taylor's guy won't get many looks, so should be pleanty of opportunities for either Gay or Lewis to show what they got!

Fire Arians 09-18-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 944712)
i think its because lewis cant ev en get through special teams w/o making stupid penalties. gay is rarely penalized. lewis (wile good) seems like a bit of a hothead. :hunch:

if they don't trust him even that much to touch the field they should have cut him instead of butler

tony hipchest 09-18-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 944774)
if they don't trust him even that much to touch the field they should have cut him instead of butler

if he wasnt better than butler (who has a broken ankle) im sure they wouldve done just that.

but being that they are such idiots, i bet they never even considered that option.

GMU Steeler 09-18-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 945035)
if he wasnt better than butler (who has a broken ankle) im sure they wouldve done just that.

but being that they are such idiots, i bet they never even considered that option.

Butler's already hurt for AZ? Tough break for the kid.