Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Marcus Gilbert (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76779)

Fire Arians 09-18-2011 05:56 PM

Marcus Gilbert

I thought the kid did a great job today. He gave Ben time to throw the ball, and the running game was getting a nice push on the right side of the ball. He wasn't perfect but it was definitely a strong performance by the rookie :thumbsup:

I know some people are gonna say 'but it was the seahawks' blah blah, but you know it's a regular season game and he did well. Not to mention although seattle's offense is rather craptacular, their defense isn't that bad.

harrison'samonster 09-18-2011 06:00 PM

Re: Marcus Gilbert

and no false starts either, gotta be happy about his play

davidtrout 09-18-2011 06:18 PM

Very good day for Gilbert. Who we were playing is of no significance. You put a rookie into a starting position week 2 of an NFL season and he makes no major mistakes, that's fantastic. Good job, rook.

rd31669 09-18-2011 06:30 PM

Very pleased with the rook... couldn't ask for a better situation than for him to play against a young Seattle team to get experience. Going to be an interesting story line all year.

blackandgoldsc 09-18-2011 06:38 PM

Agreed. I was a bit nervous but he has had a great start. keep up the good work.

kirklandrules 09-18-2011 06:45 PM

He did a good job pass blocking and I noticed he fired off real well on run blocking. Not sure why the blocking scheme would have him pull out to block a blitzing safety ... that makes no sense to me.

DevinX43 09-18-2011 06:47 PM

Didn't see the game, but it sounds like he did fine. Next week will be a real test for him against mathis of the Colts

btaylor179 09-18-2011 06:49 PM

he missed a block that caused ben to be sacked and almost fumbled

Fire Arians 09-18-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevinX43 (Post 945111)
Didn't see the game, but it sounds like he did fine. Next week will be a real test for him against mathis of the Colts

that will definitely be a matchup to look forward to next week.

drizze99 09-18-2011 09:22 PM

GIlbert did great today for his first game in the NFL. For a rookie in the 2nd week of the season, he was real solid. Was he perfect? NO, but I didn't expect him to be....