Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Rampage vs Jones (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=76897)

Steel4ever95 09-20-2011 11:28 PM

Rampage vs Jones

So does Jackson take the belt back or does Jones wipe the floor with Jackson. I've had a hard time deciding on who will take this fight, to me it all comes down to with Rampage shows up to the fight. If Rampage comes down like he did against Chuck, of Wandy or in the Henderson figh, I think he will take the fight. If Page shows up like he did against Forrest or Rashad, then he is done. I like Jones, but he has yet to run into anybody with the power that Rampage has, I think Jackson catches Jones in the 3rd round and ends it with a TKO.

Buddha Bus 09-21-2011 05:09 AM

Re: Rampage vs Jones

Rampage seems really focused on this fight and healthy. He's not making any movies to distract him and he's been training hard to get "his belt back".

As you stated, Jones hasn't faced a guy like Rampage yet and hasn't been hit by a fighter with his power. Rampage WILL hit him. How will Jones react? I think Rampage takes him out in round 2 with a KO. Jones is still very young and will get better and be a force to be reckoned with for years, but experience and power win the day here. I think Rampage wants it more.

Steel4ever95 09-21-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha Bus (Post 945617)
Rampage seems really focused on this fight and healthy. He's not making any movies to distract him and he's been training hard to get "his belt back".

As you stated, Jones hasn't faced a guy like Rampage yet and hasn't been hit by a fighter with his power. Rampage WILL hit him. How will Jones react? I think Rampage takes him out in round 2 with a KO. Jones is still very young and will get better and be a force to be reckoned with for years, but experience and power win the day here. I think Rampage wants it more.

The whole getting distracted thing seems to be a problem with Jackson to, which sucks cause when he comes to fight he is a force. It will be interesting to see if Jones gets into the clinch with Jackson to, I know he likes to do a lot of throws out of the clinch but Rampage can destroy you in the clinch.

Buddha Bus 09-21-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel4ever95 (Post 945670)
The whole getting distracted thing seems to be a problem with Jackson to, which sucks cause when he comes to fight he is a force. It will be interesting to see if Jones gets into the clinch with Jackson to, I know he likes to do a lot of throws out of the clinch but Rampage can destroy you in the clinch.

I don't think Jones wants any of Rampage in the clinch. He will either use his reach advantage and try to "catch" Rampage or he will try to take Rampage down to the mat. I honestly do not know what kind of ground game Jones brings, but Rampage doesn't like being on his back. Either way, it should be an entertaining fight. :thumbsup:

Steel4ever95 09-21-2011 08:55 PM

Yep should be very entertaining indeed. Jones will have a huge advantage with his reach, but I have yet to really see him use it, if Greg Jackson is and Jones are smart they will try to use it in this fight lol. Rampage is a pretty darn strong wrestler to so it could be difficult getting him to the ground. Jones has an ok ground game, he was very wild against Vera and Hamil, he is relentless on the ground.

Fire Arians 09-21-2011 10:43 PM

i think jones will win but i wouldn't be surprised if rampage puts him to sleep with one of his bombs. looking forward to this fight

SteelersinCA 09-22-2011 10:28 AM

Jones is the better fighter and should win, however you can never count out a guy with such explosive knockout hands. So Far Jones has been a smart fighter, but if Rampage catches him he's going to sleep.

Steel4ever95 09-24-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersinCA (Post 945783)
Jones is the better fighter and should win, however you can never count out a guy with such explosive knockout hands. So Far Jones has been a smart fighter, but if Rampage catches him he's going to sleep.

I think Jones is a much more technical fighter than Rampage is, that being said I think Rampage turns this into a brawl which does not favor Jones at all, not to mention Jones really hasent taken any punishment in any of his fights, that should change tonight. I'm not a Jones hater by any means either, he is great to watch and could be the next Anderson Silva. I just think Rampage turns this into a fight, and will really push Jones and make him find out what he is made of.

Fire Arians 09-24-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel4ever95 (Post 946133)
I think Jones is a much more technical fighter than Rampage is, that being said I think Rampage turns this into a brawl which does not favor Jones at all, not to mention Jones really hasent taken any punishment in any of his fights, that should change tonight. I'm not a Jones hater by any means either, he is great to watch and could be the next Anderson Silva. I just think Rampage turns this into a fight, and will really push Jones and make him find out what he is made of.

actually rampage is one of the more technical strikers at 205. he usually waits for the opponent to open up and counter punches, he's not great at pushing the action. I've followed most of his fights from the PRIDE days, and majority of his knockout punches came from a counter punch. His boxing is very good, maybe one of the best at 205. He's struggled most with fighters that get him clinched up (shogun, rashad, forrest, wand fights 1&2 where he must have gotten hit by 50,000 knees) where he's not technically good in that department. Though he manages to get himself out of trouble in the clinch with brute strength more often than not.

Jones' game plan will probably be to clinch and push him against the cage or take him down. if this fight stays on the feet, i think rampage has the advantage. At some point in this fight, I think rampage will connect with a shot. If this happens we will learn a lot more about Bones. We don't even know if he can take a punch yet, but to his credit, he's been great at avoiding punishment

Steel4ever95 09-25-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 946140)
actually rampage is one of the more technical strikers at 205. he usually waits for the opponent to open up and counter punches, he's not great at pushing the action. I've followed most of his fights from the PRIDE days, and majority of his knockout punches came from a counter punch. His boxing is very good, maybe one of the best at 205. He's struggled most with fighters that get him clinched up (shogun, rashad, forrest, wand fights 1&2 where he must have gotten hit by 50,000 knees) where he's not technically good in that department. Though he manages to get himself out of trouble in the clinch with brute strength more often than not.

Jones' game plan will probably be to clinch and push him against the cage or take him down. if this fight stays on the feet, i think rampage has the advantage. At some point in this fight, I think rampage will connect with a shot. If this happens we will learn a lot more about Bones. We don't even know if he can take a punch yet, but to his credit, he's been great at avoiding punishment

Yeah I never got to see any of his fights in PRIDE, I've actually only seen one PRIDE card, which bummed me out, I have seen the highlights though of him eating all those knees from Wand. True though on his counter punching, I never really thought of that at all, thats actually how he beat Chuck to get the title in the UFC I think.

Well you hit the nail on the head with Jones taking him in the clinch and working him on the cage lol, he did that a good amount last night. Jones looked very good, and did a great job using his kicks and reach to keep Rampage from closing the distance. Jones was pretty smart not to get to wild with some of his elbows to, he did catch Rampage with one at the end of the first, and Rampage looked pissed after that, I was hoping to see him come out on fire the next round. Nice to see Rampage give Jones props in his interview after the fight, and if Jones has any critics after this fight then I dont know what it will take to shut them up.