Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Most Memorable Steeler Moments (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=770)

bigbensgirl7 05-19-2005 09:52 AM

Most Memorable Steeler Moments

What's your most memorable moment being a Steeler fan? It can be a particular game, or anything else...
Well I have 2...
1) At the Steelers vs Bengals a few years back, I ended up meeting ARE's family. I talked to his Mom a lot and finally convinced her to take me down to where the busses where leaving from and I got to meet him, Bettis, Burress, and Porter. It was awesome...and when I met ARE, he actually picked me up and spun me around. I was so excited...it was a blast.
2) One of my fave games was against Baltimore in 2001 (at Baltimore) There was Ray Lewis on National Television saying "They want to see who the #1 D is...we're going to show them" Well we saw the #1 D that game and they were wearing the black and gold! That was also the game Tony Saragusa was telling his fans to follow our fans in the bathroom and take care of business while they did on the field. I don't know why...but that is one of my favorite games...I have it on tape and watch it all the time still to this day!!!

RoethlisBURGHer 05-19-2005 11:49 AM

Re: Most Memorable Steeler Moments

Never been to a game,so it has to be from TV.

1.The Browns first game back.I have it on video somewhere.

2.I think it was a Thanksgiving day game,but we were playing the Lions (if I remember right) it went into overtime and the coin flip was called tails by Bettis (I think) but the red thought he said heads and gave the ball to the Lions,who proceeded to win the game with a FG.Ever since that game I have been agaisnt sudden-death OT in football.

bigbensgirl7 05-19-2005 12:28 PM

Yah, the Thanksgiving Day Coin Flip...worst call ever (how can you mess a coin flip???)

BB2W 05-19-2005 12:37 PM

My most memorable Steeler moment would have to be in the Superbowl vs. the Cowboys. I think it was at the start of the second half, Bill Cowher called an onside-kick, Deon Figures recovered it easily. I never saw that coming, and it really shifted momentum to our side. It was a great call.

RoethlisBURGHer 05-19-2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
Yah, the Thanksgiving Day Coin Flip...worst call ever (how can you mess a coin flip???)

Zebras...they suck.

meanjoe75 06-04-2005 01:57 PM

My first moment 1989 Season when they lost their first 2 game but still pulled it together and made the playoffs.The second was 2002 game against Cleveland in the playoffs the reason I remember that is my niece,s teacher was a Cleveland fan and I rubbed it in when I went to get her at school

clevestinks 06-05-2005 07:02 AM

Twice a year when we smoke Clev

steelersgirl86 06-06-2005 06:09 AM

I am in on that one also.... :sign03:

clevestinks 06-07-2005 04:51 PM

My most memorable Steelers moment is: Steelers huge win over the Carolina Panthers. in Feb, 2006. At Detroit, as I get a tear in my eye, raise my Rolling Rock in one hand as Coach Cowher hoists the Lombardi trophy over his head. Then I go get my bag packed for Pittsburgh, there is NO way in Hell that I will miss that Parade after our victory , hope to see you all there, SF in full force.

bigbensgirl7 06-07-2005 06:02 PM

Yes, that will be a great day :sign08: I wouldn't miss it for the world!!!