Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Relax, we won (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=77112)

jtbsteeler 09-26-2011 01:28 AM

Relax, we won

And they start the season with 3 out of 4 on the road. This is a 12 win team this season. Stop the bellyaching.

I do think Aaron Smith and Farrior are starting to show their age... No way they're on this D next season.

Troy's back. He was all over the place. Stop your whining. Ravens fans come on here and get laughs because of the over reaction. I think they will beat the Texans next week. We'll be 3-1 with home games against a Britt-less Titans team and then a rookie qb in Gabbert.

12 win season

OX1947 09-26-2011 01:35 AM

Re: Relax, we won

Once again. Defense isnt the problem, the QB giving away the ball 3 times a game is. I do not know if some of you have noticed but that piece of shit dickwad who calls himself the NFL commissioner has destroyed football into his own Fantasy Football bullshit league. There are no longer good defenses in the league. However, there are 2 right now that are ok, thats the Ravens and Steelers. But, Ben needs to stop turning the ball over. Every time they turn it over, worse, the other team gets points.

StainlessStill 09-26-2011 01:36 AM

A win is a win is a win, I'll give you that. But those wonderful "W's" that we're so use to will turn into "L's" soon enough if we can't get it together offensively. I quite never seen an offensive line this bad and we've had recent years to where they were B-A-D.

I see ZERO spots on the field that give us any kind of edge against Houston whatsoever. None. I'll take the W but that was sincerely pathetic. No running game, very ill pass protection. How the HELL are we going to survive playing like that?

Ben's lucky he's in one piece and the dude STILL delivers (it's pretty sad when he has to look out the corner of his eye while looking downfield at the pass rush.)

I thank Troy Polamalu's grandparents for giving us Troy Polamalu's parents so Troy Polamalu's parents could have Troy Polamalu. Love that animal.

That is all.

StainlessStill 09-26-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OX1947 (Post 947328)
Once again. Defense isnt the problem, the QB giving away the ball 3 times a game is. I do not know if some of you have noticed but that piece of shit dickwad who calls himself the NFL commissioner has destroyed football with his Fantasy Football bullshit league. There are no longer good defenses in the league. However, there are 2 right now that are ok, thats the Ravens and Steelers. But, Ben needs to stop turning the ball over. Every time they turn it over, worse, the other team gets points.

Look more into it. Ben's the whole reason we are competitive on offense at this point. Finally, the suckitude that is oozing out of this offensive line is getting into Roethlisberger's head. It's so bad he's anticipating getting drilled. 2 of those fumbles I don't blame him. That interception was a desperation pass that sailed.

I'm grateful we have Ben in the middle of that wreckage. Unfortunately, I don't think he feels the same.

stb_steeler 09-26-2011 01:42 AM

Sooner or later Bens not goin to make that great play......Thats why the Steelers cut Slash....Look at Vick today, finally all that scrambling is beginning to catch up with him.. If anything i am less relaxed about this season than most in the recent past.

DanRooney 09-26-2011 01:45 AM

I really don't remember Farrior having a bad game...I just saw him out of the game a lot lol

Third Rail 09-26-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessStill (Post 947330)
Look more into it. Ben's the whole reason we are competitive on offense at this point. Finally, the suckitude that is oozing out of this offensive line is getting into Roethlisberger's head. It's so bad he's anticipating getting drilled. 2 of those fumbles I don't blame him. That interception was a desperation pass that sailed.

I'm grateful we have Ben in the middle of that wreckage. Unfortunately, I don't think he feels the same.

Yep. Glad to see I'm not the only one here who sees this. It's easy to blame the QB for an INT or a lost fumble, and I'll agree that he deserves SOME of the blame, but when a defense is EASILY able to run around the O-Line constantly, it's a miracle he gets any throws off at all.

More evidence that our O-Line is awful can be seen in the running game. I've been very hard on Mendenhall but it's difficult to get yardage when you have no holes to run through. The O-Line can't open ANYTHING up and the lack of the run game, coupled with a passing game that's always under pressure, is KILLING our offense.

jtbsteeler 09-26-2011 01:52 AM

We lost these games in '09 and '06. I could give a damn how we do it next week, but if we beat the Texans on the road I'd be happy as hell with that.

Ben threw one bad pick, the other two TO's were Scott's fault. Anyone miss Max Starks and Flozell?

Also, be thankful that the Jets lost. They'll be hungry next week. So will the Texans for that matter. I just don't think they match up well with us.

jtbsteeler 09-26-2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanRooney (Post 947343)
I really don't remember Farrior having a bad game...I just saw him out of the game a lot lol

He whiffed like hell early. All of a sudden we're getting eaten up for 4/5 yards a carry by these "zone blocking" offenses. Wearing farrrior's ass out.

Picks 1 and 2 next year will be Oline and ILB

SoCalFan 09-26-2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtbsteeler (Post 947348)
He whiffed like hell early. All of a sudden we're getting eaten up for 4/5 yards a carry by these "zone blocking" offenses. Wearing farrrior's ass out.

Picks 1 and 2 next year will be Oline and ILB

Picks 1 & 2 next year will not go near the O-line,who are you kidding!We didnt adress this issue this year early,now look at this mess!:banging: