Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Can anyone possibly be worse than Jon "Rollerscates" scott? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=77190)

Fire Arians 09-27-2011 12:59 PM

Can anyone possibly be worse than Jon "Rollerscates" scott?

I'm thinking if he's not ready to go against houston it could be addition by subtraction?

I mean trai essex is pretty bad but I never seen anything worse than last week's LT play

also why the crap is legursky still the starting RG? foster is 3x better than him

dcsteel5804 09-27-2011 01:04 PM

Re: Can anyone possibly be worse than Jon "Rollerscates" scott?

I agree with you on J. Scott. He has to be the absolute worst starting tackle the league has seen in years. When Freeney was doing the spin moves, this clown spun too!! He was looking at Ben and tryin to block Freeney with his back!! Ben was like "WTF are you lookin at me for!!"

Fire Haley 09-27-2011 01:11 PM

Trai Essex will save our season

Fire Arians 09-27-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer (Post 947921)
Trai Essex will save our season

While I've never been a big fan of him, he has been better than J. Scott for sure. I don't think Trai is athletic enough to be starting LT material but he should be pretty good at RT.

Gilbert at LT and Trai at RT. Gilbert has the athleticism to succeed at LT, and I say we throw him into the water. He passed his first test against robert mathis imo, which proved he has what it takes. Only concern at this point is his durability. He came into camp with an injury and now has his shoulder banged up.

kemo-pouncey-foster sounds much better than legursky at rg. If we are trying to become a better running team, we need legursky out of there. He's reliable in the pass blocking but don't expect him to open up holes in the running game like foster would

ETL 09-27-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 947917)
why the crap is legursky still the starting RG? foster is 3x better than him

That's like calling Foster the tallest midget

Fire Haley 09-27-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 947928)
kemo-pouncey-foster sounds much better than legursky at rg. If we are trying to become a better running team, we need legursky out of there.

yep - Kemo / Pouncey / Foster might be the best group we've had in the middle

great white hope that he is, Legursky is just too weak to be a starter, he's looked horrible, gets knocked around like a bowling pin

queeg 09-27-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 947917)
I'm thinking if he's not ready to go against houston it could be addition by subtraction?

I mean trai essex is pretty bad but I never seen anything worse than last week's LT play

also why the crap is legursky still the starting RG? foster is 3x better than him

Time to support your team...this constant bashing is sick.....these linemen give and give every play...a little support goes a long way.

Fire Arians 09-27-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queeg (Post 947987)
Time to support your team...this constant bashing is sick.....these linemen give and give every play...a little support goes a long way.

sorry man but I don't agree with that. I could make 1000 'jon scott rules' posts, but he's still going to suck as he always has.

i support my team, which means i don't support players who are detrimental to our success

queeg 09-27-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcsteel5804 (Post 947919)
I agree with you on J. Scott. He has to be the absolute worst starting tackle the league has seen in years. When Freeney was doing the spin moves, this clown spun too!! He was looking at Ben and tryin to block Freeney with his back!! Ben was like "WTF are you lookin at me for!!"

What does it take to be supportive of the players. Scott held together for many games... he is on your team...like a team mate. Support him...

queeg 09-27-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 947988)
sorry man but I don't agree with that. I could make 1000 'jon scott rules' posts, but he's still going to suck as he always has.

i support my team, which means i don't support players who are detrimental to our success

I will support Scott as much as any other Steeler. Teamwork wins games and helping teammates is professional and mature even in bad times..