Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers’ Beat Writer: Texans Will Win (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=77250)

Deserei90 09-28-2011 04:02 PM

Steelers’ Beat Writer: Texans Will Win

Ed Bouchette, the Steelers beat writer, gives his thoughts on the Texans game and why Pittsburgh has struggled so far this season.

http://t.co/vXTphZ7C

Fire Arians 09-28-2011 04:29 PM

Re: Steelers’ Beat Writer: Texans Will Win

we have played like hell on the road, and the texans are just coming off a disappointing loss. I have us dropping this one also most likely. I do hope I'm wrong though.

Atlanta Dan 09-28-2011 04:47 PM

Bouchette had Houston chalked up as a loss at the start of the season when he had the Steelers going 14-2.

If you assume Houston is a playoff team this year, which I do, this looks grim - other than Baltimore I cannot recall a team that made the playoffs that season against which the Steelers have won on the road since 2005 (Sup[er Bowls do not count since neither team was at home)

btaylor179 09-28-2011 04:53 PM

yea our o line is gonna get ben hurt soon , i see it coming.....hope im wrong but in the colts game they were getting pushed right into ben....CRAZY.....andre will eat us up

FanSince72 09-28-2011 07:13 PM

To hell with Bouchette, I'm going with a "W" for us.

There's a lot of pride at stake right now and I can't see us getting waxed on the line like last week.
I say we'll step it up and give Ben the time he needs and if we do, it's all over but the cryin' for Houston.

Goldsteel86 09-28-2011 07:16 PM

I could see how Ed could feel like this, however I feel it depends on what Steeler team shows up. I really have a feeling this defense will get better week to week, I also believe that the Steelers no matter how ugly find a way to win. Something in my gut tells me we will see a different offense than we saw last week. The Texans are a decent team, however, I think the Steelers will play sound football on both sides of the ball.

Fire Arians 09-28-2011 07:26 PM

tomlin has a bad track record in away games, under .500 against non-divisional opponents. If this game were a home game I'd be more confident

ricardisimo 09-28-2011 07:40 PM

Bouchette has a pretty good track record with these types of things. I wouldn't advise laying money on the Steelers.

Steelerfreak58 09-28-2011 07:47 PM

Would hate to see a loss but I am expecting one this week. Doesn't change the fact that I don't want to see it. Some folks just are realists.

If we some how some way squeek into the playoffs this year I will be happy but I seriously doubt it. It is only a matter of time until BB takes a huge shot from some 6'4" 260lb beast DE or LB and something goes snap. Mr. Scott is not a starting LT in the NFL sorry he just isn't Gilbert while holding his own is going to be out thought and beat but he is a rookie it happens. Put those together and you have an injured BB at some point this season.

steelfury02 09-28-2011 08:28 PM

Ben has dodged some bullets for a while now - at this rate it is only a matter of when sadly . . .

I don't want to see anything happen to him that is career threatening. (I have my selfish reasons) But - it would be a shame to see them squander him. I think if he didn't have a history of off-the-field issues he might have been more openly irritated about the line situation.