Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Just go long (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=77292)

Hayeksheroes 09-29-2011 01:40 PM

Just go long

Ben to Wallace has been paying off. Its a much better play than the bubble screen, which the Steelers run like some late night infomercial.

I say heave it up to Wallace at least 5 times a game. Then do the same with Brown and Sanders. Unless the opponents back off the line and send some guys 30 yards deep, I'd go long as many times as possible. If they do that, then you hit Mendenhall on screens and send him off tackle. If they blitz, then you hit Sanders and Brown on slants.

Go long, Steelers, go long.

tony hipchest 09-29-2011 01:42 PM

Re: Just go long

i love roethlisburger interceptions too! :cheer:

cloppbeast 09-29-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayeksheroes (Post 948467)
Ben to Wallace has been paying off. Its a much better play than the bubble screen, which the Steelers run like some late night infomercial.

I say heave it up to Wallace at least 5 times a game. Then do the same with Brown and Sanders. Unless the opponents back off the line and send some guys 30 yards deep, I'd go long as many times as possible. If they do that, then you hit Mendenhall on screens and send him off tackle. If they blitz, then you hit Sanders and Brown on slants.

Go long, Steelers, go long.

Arians, is that you? lol

Goldsteel86 09-29-2011 02:21 PM

Well, interesting thought, but we don't have Swann or Stallworth any longer, I have an idea, how about a concept, set up the pass with the run, utilize Heath Miller across the middle, some slants and out patterns, then some deep outs/posts before we throw the fly. Lets keep the defense guessing, honest, and on their toes, but most importantly lets get back to Steeler football, pound the flipping ball!!!!!

kirklandrules 09-29-2011 02:31 PM

The Steelers, this year, also like to run the ball for no gain or just 1 yard. I think they should call run plays for 10 -15 yards with the occasional surprise run of 50+ yards. I'm just sayin. :noidea:

steelerjim58 09-29-2011 02:36 PM

While I do enjoy the bomb as much as anyone, I am not proposing going deep 10= times a game. We just do not have the o-line for that in any case. But in Wallace, Sanders, Brown , Ward and Miller I definately see the talent to consistently pick up 10-15 yards at a time. The bubble screen makes me want to puke everytime they run it. I would like to see a breakdown of the yardage gained every time they use it. Where are the slants, the out patterns to the sidelines? Am I crazy to think that Sanders and Brown are capable of doing anything that welker can do on a football field. Hell, belichick has found a way to get him voted into the top 100 in the league. I know that there are only so many ways to make up for a poor o-line, but Arians does not seem to be doing anything. Let Ben roll out more, try some swing passes to Mendenhall out of the backfield. When was the last time the Steelers ran anything that looked like a traditional screen pass?

Hayeksheroes 09-29-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 948468)
i love roethlisburger interceptions too! :cheer:

Better than fumbling behind the line of scrimmage. A deep 60 yard throw is like a punt.
You might get an interference as a bonus.

StainlessStill 09-29-2011 02:55 PM

Screw that. I say mix it up. Bring in Casey Hampton as an extra tight end and run that tight end delay screen to him 3 times in a row. The defense wouldn't know what hit them! Then the next series run two straight WR bubble screens to Ward. That will probably give us a total of 1 yard(s) so then on 3rd and 10, we can run the tight end delay screen AGAIN to Hampton for -4 then hope James Harrison strips Shaub and Polamalu would be there EVERY TIME to run it in for 6.

Genius.

Hayeksheroes 09-29-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessStill (Post 948478)
Screw that. I say mix it up. Bring in Casey Hampton as an extra tight end and run that tight end delay screen to him 3 times in a row. The defense wouldn't know what hit them! Then the next series run two straight WR bubble screens to Ward. That will probably give us a total of 1 yard(s) so then on 3rd and 10, we can run the tight end delay screen AGAIN to Hampton for -4. Genius.

Arians thinks that he'll surprise the opponents with his one bomb a game plan. But I say "Carpet Bomb" from the get go. You'll surely catch the opponent by surprise. :chuckle::flap::applaudit:

Fire Arians 09-29-2011 03:08 PM

james harrison at fullback! hopefully he doesn't get flagged for a 'roughing the middle linebacker' penalty though