Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wallace: NFL's Fastest Receiver? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=77310)

Bayz101 09-29-2011 08:54 PM

Wallace: NFL's Fastest Receiver?

PITTSBURGH (AP) Even if it might just be his greatest asset, Mike Wallace does little to help his own cause.
The Steelers third-year receiver just can't help himself. To him, hey, "An apple is an apple. You know what I'm saying?"
Wallace tells anyone who asks he's the fastest player in the NFL.
"I've always been feeling like that," Wallace said, matter-of-factly. "I'm still feeling like that, and I don't see anything changing."
Opposing cornerbacks who have faced him won't argue. After an electrifying five-catch, 144-yard performance in a 23-20 win in Indianapolis on Sunday that included a career-long 81-yard touchdown, Wallace is second in the NFL in receiving yards and tied for third in receptions.
The secret might be getting out on Wallace emerging as one of the league's best receivers. And Wallace does little to keep his 4.2-speed quiet, either. The irony is that it's the surprise factor that some say has helped Wallace run past so many defensive backs in his first three seasons as a pro.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...7b0cb6cb53b6e3

Fire Arians 09-29-2011 09:05 PM

Re: Wallace: NFL's Fastest Receiver?

without a doubt he's the fastest there is. i wanna see a race between him and chris johnson

mizzouristeeler 09-29-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 948589)
without a doubt he's the fastest there is. i wanna see a race between him and chris johnson

Or desean jackson

Steeldude 09-29-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 948589)

johnson looks slow this year. didn't he just get his raise? that's probably why

tony hipchest 09-29-2011 09:14 PM

the only suprise is how the hell the raiders didnt draft him in the 1st round.

heres a jim rome tweet from last sundays game-

Quote:

jimrome

Bob Sanders ain't walking through that door either, Colts fan. And there's no catching Mike Wallace. Fastest man in the league. Ask him.

ricardisimo 09-29-2011 09:16 PM

Or Heyward-Bey, the WR drafted 3,000 spots ahead of him, based solely on his straight-line speed.

DanRooney 09-29-2011 10:28 PM

"one-trick pony."

"desean jackson is better."

tony hipchest 09-29-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanRooney (Post 948606)
"one-trick pony."

-famous last words of thumper.

now theres a poster who deserved to be banned for nothing more than his complete idiotness.

ricardisimo 09-29-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanRooney (Post 948606)
"one-trick pony."

"Two-trick pony"

"Wes Welker is better."

Just thought I'd preempt some of our less enthused board members.

tony hipchest 09-29-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardisimo (Post 948613)
"Two-trick pony"

Wes Welker is better."

Just thought I'd preempt some of our less enthused board members.

good call.

it wont be long before one of our disinfranchised steelerfans starts a thread stating why wes welker is more deserving of the HOF than old man, washed up, should be benched, hines ward.

....and THEN stating he's why the patriots will kick the steelers ass later in the season.

i dont think ike has ever shadowed welker. id rather have ryan clark on him anyways.

belichick will probably have tom brady on wallace to eliminate his threat.