Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Status check (ACC) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7737)

Ohio Steeler 06-08-2006 02:45 AM

Status check (ACC)

Good read Status check ACC

I have to say I still think the SEC is the best conference out there

Suitanim 06-08-2006 10:03 AM

Re: Status check (ACC)

I don't know, with the recent slide of the UF and UT programs, the SEC ain't what it used to be. LSU's emergence helps a bit, but Georgia has underachieved the last few years. I think the ACC is definitely getting better, but I still think Big 10 and Big 12 are the two premier football conferences right now.

SteelCityMan786 06-08-2006 03:19 PM

ACC and Big Ten are THE Premier conferences. Great Football games every week. you need your A Game in these conferences. Big XII in my mind is rising to be as good as the Big Ten And ACC

ARKIESTEEL 06-08-2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
I don't know, with the recent slide of the UF and UT programs, the SEC ain't what it used to be. LSU's emergence helps a bit, but Georgia has underachieved the last few years. I think the ACC is definitely getting better, but I still think Big 10 and Big 12 are the two premier football conferences right now.

Watch out for Auburn

Suitanim 06-09-2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL
Watch out for Auburn

Well, they did get beat up pretty bad by a middle-of-the-road Wisconsin team in the Capitol One Bowl.

Jimmy James 06-10-2006 03:04 AM

Anybody who says the ACC is one of the top conferences is actually endorsing going out and buying yourself football credibility. The ACC was a joke before they got Miami and VPI, and the sad part of that is that they initially didn't even want the Hokies. I don't care if they have the top 10 teams in the nation -- I'm not acknowleding them as the best any time soon because I don't want to encourage that sort of behavior. Maybe in 5 years they'll be worthy.

Tennessee and Florida are waning, but Alabama, LSU, and South Carolina are on the rise. It works itself out.

Suitanim 06-12-2006 09:29 AM

Isn't it more of a statement that the best representatives from the ACC and SEC played in a second tier bowl game that isn't even played on NY day?

Steel12 06-12-2006 11:20 AM

All I'ma say is watch out for Miami this year. Kyle Wright will have a Heisman type season...

Suitanim 06-12-2006 07:22 PM

Watch OSU...if the projected drop-off at D actually occurs, they will have to rely on their offense to be even more explosive. They have 2 legit Heisman candidates in Ginn and Troy Smith. With a very productive Pittman competing against his HS cross-town rival Chris Wells at RB, I think the Buckeyes offense is going to shock some people next season.