Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Offense gets a pass! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=77446)

Whodis 10-02-2011 06:19 PM

Offense gets a pass!

I was listening to the post game (Tim Benz?). When anyone bitches about Bruce Arians or the play calling he counters with "what about that horrible defense!"

So a simple question to any one here.

In what game would 10 points win?

As pissed off as i am about the defensive effort, I am almost ceratin defensive adjustments will be made next game. The question is what will be done on offense? Anyone like the no-huddle, 3 step drops or that fullback that was helping our depleted o-line?

Tomlin should be held responsible is he can't get more points on the board.

pete74 10-02-2011 06:22 PM

Re: Offense gets a pass!

our offensive line is a joke. Pouncey even looked like shit. the entire line is a complete joke and with the exception of Pouncey not a single one of them would start on any other team. we should of kept Urbik, he looks better then anyone on our line. most college teams would eat our offensive line up anyday of the week

SteelCityMom 10-02-2011 06:29 PM

Well...the defense hasn't exactly been stellar yet this year. If they plan on making adjustments, I'd hope they would do it soon.

In past years I've been guilty of giving the D a pass. This year though, they are just as bad as the offense. It's a whole team effort IMO...and the whole team (coaches on down) have been underperforming.

To your main question....In today's NFL, 10 points doesn't guarantee or even come close to getting you a win. You HAVE to have a decent offense.

pete74 10-02-2011 06:33 PM

the defenst is really bad to. we went so long without giving up 100 yards to a rb and now we did it twice in 4 games and one broke 150.

Steeldude 10-02-2011 06:45 PM

IMO, the defense lacks a leader. someone vocal to keep people in line(assignments) and energized. i am not talking about a fool like porter. he was a joke. they need an intelligent player ala lambert etc... the defense looks lost as does the offense. i think lebeau is done. arians is a buffoon and always has been one. is it me or do his plays take too long to develop? i can't say i watched every play closely or every WR, but were there any quick slants? seems to me when they did run one it was positive. on the sequence before the half(i think before the half) it was another classic example of arians going for the home run on each play. if it wasn't arians that called it then whoever did was lost.

cloppbeast 10-02-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeldude (Post 950078)
IMO, the defense lacks a leader. someone vocal to keep people in line(assignments) and energized. i am not talking about a fool like porter. he was a joke. they need an intelligent player ala lambert etc

They haven't had a vocal leader since Porter left and it hasn't held them back before.

I think the d-line has expired. I haven't seen a Steelers defense get pushed around like this since Maddox was QB.

Goldsteel86 10-02-2011 07:01 PM

Reading what I have read all the points are valid, however, if you played defense for the Steelers, how would you love to know that no matter your effort, the offense can't score. Honestly, the Defense won the game last week, they pitched a shutout against the Seahawks after getting destroyed by the Ravens, these guys have played better football than that of the Offense. After all, at the end of the day the "D" held the Texans to zero points in the 2nd half, it is what it is. Now it is time to realize, the Offense can't execute, I totally blame that on the OC, he is ultimately responsible for the Offense, he please keep in mind, is also responsible for the personnel that are designated to play!!!!

Steel4ever95 10-02-2011 07:11 PM

The Steelers just look lost on both sides of the ball, they seem to play with zero emotion. The Offense looked downright terrible in the first half and thats being nice. I thought the offense started to look decent in the 2nd half, and there was a something of a running game. Not sure if it is just me but did it seem like the Steelers were pulling there guards a lot more when they ran the ball in the 2nd half? I thought they had something going there for sure when they were pulling the guards, they almost broke a couple big runs off for a td in one drive, to bad almost dosent count.

Steeldude 10-02-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloppbeast (Post 950093)
They haven't had a vocal leader since Porter left and it hasn't held them back before.

I think the d-line has expired. I haven't seen a Steelers defense get pushed around like this since Maddox was QB.

porter was a fool who embarrassed himself too often with his mouth. by vocal leader i mean someone intelligent, not someone who screams nonsense that no one can understand.

i agree the D-line is done. hopefully the youth can take over shortly, but they need direction. i don't see anyone on the team being able to supply it.

Steeldude 10-02-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

I totally blame that on the OC, he is ultimately responsible for the Offense, he please keep in mind, is also responsible for the personnel that are designated to pla
don't you know it's never the fault of arians.