Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   pocono 500- who to watch/ who will win (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7809)

tony hipchest 06-10-2006 12:49 PM

pocono 500- who to watch/ who will win

time for a boring, follow the leader race. it seems crazy to not count jimmy johnson, matt kenseth, and tony stewart as the favorites to win. but this race will come down to track position. if youre not out front you wont likely be able to turn the quickest laps. denny hamlin has the pole. he should have a good run. kurt bush starts on the front row. he won here last year with rusty wallace as a runner up. and brian vickers looked to dominate but faded. with the adversity his team is facing (he asked hendrick for permission to find a new team) he could finally crack through. this should be the week for fantasy "b" drivers. all rcr teams should do well. kahne should have a dominant run.

1. b. vickers
2. k. kahne
3. j. burton
4. kurt bush
5. t. stewart
6. m. martin

Fire Haley 06-10-2006 01:47 PM

Re: pocono 500- who to watch/ who will win

Not Matt's best track by a longshot...

Happy Hour speeds look good for a brand spankin' new car...

13th - #17 Matt Kenseth Ford DEWALT 164.995 54.547 -0.853
10th best average...break that baby in slowly...we just need to get out of here alive.

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/app...04e294e7cb.jpg

tony hipchest 06-10-2006 03:00 PM

give us your top 5 killer. im thinking jj, kenseth, both get a top 10 and tony suprises and makes his way up there too. barring a wreck or engine failure for any of the 3.

Fire Haley 06-10-2006 03:40 PM

1. Jeff Burton
2. Carl Edwards
3. Mark Martin
4. Jeff Gordon (for Suit)
5. Kyle Busch

DIESELMAN 06-10-2006 08:53 PM

1. Matt Kenseth
2. Mark Martin
3. Jimmie Johnson
4. Denny Hamlin
5. Brian Vickers

Jimmy James 06-11-2006 01:08 AM

Jeff Burton
Kasey Kahne
Dale Earnhardt Junior
Mark Martin
Jeff Gordon

Pocono is a track that rewards experience. I don't expect any rookie to fare well.

Fire Haley 06-11-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Pocono is a track that rewards experience. I don't expect any rookie to fare well.

So that's why cousin Carl won last year?...his first time on the track as a rookie?

Nah - it's a shit luck track - just like Talladega...just without the excitement of The Big One.
(Denny Hamlin has a good shot too...I forgot about him.)

daleemnm 06-11-2006 11:22 AM

1. Mark Martin
2. Carl Edwards
3. Dale Jr
4. Jimmie Johnson
5. Jeff Burton

BB2W 06-11-2006 11:30 AM

1. Matt Kenseth
2. Kasey Kahne
3. Jeff Burton

Jimmy James 06-11-2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer
So that's why cousin Carl won last year?...his first time on the track as a rookie?

Nah - it's a shit luck track - just like Talladega...just without the excitement of The Big One.
(Denny Hamlin has a good shot too...I forgot about him.)

Ah, but Carl wasn't a rookie last year. It may have been his first time on track, but he made too many starts the year prior to be considered for rookie of the year.

Tell me you expect Hamlin, Yeley, Bowyer, or any of the rest of *this* crop of rookies to do well today.