Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Americas Favorite Pothead (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=781)

Brownskikass 05-22-2005 07:16 PM

Americas Favorite Pothead

Well its time to start on the 'Ricky Williams' topic and if you think the Dolphins should welcome him back...>Rumor is, he might come back, but who knows?

I think you cant let him back. They drafted Ronnie Brown and its been proven RBs make the transition form college to pro the easiest. The locker room would be split and tempers would flare. He needs to be traded. I here Oakland is interested

BlitzburghRockCity 05-22-2005 07:49 PM

Re: Americas Favorite Pothead

one reason he is coming back.. he doesnt have the money to pay back the dolphins..ok well, maybe 2 reasons, that and he's out of pot!!!

Brownskikass 05-22-2005 07:54 PM

But why would anyone let him back...After all, the Fins drafted a RB with their 2nd overall pick

BlitzburghRockCity 05-22-2005 07:59 PM

aparently saban is willing to give him a shot if the circumstances work out.. remember saban wasnt there last year, so he's more prone to give ricky a chance to redeem himself than wanstedt would have been.

RoethlisBURGHer 05-22-2005 09:38 PM

I think Saban will let him back,and if he does well and if Ronnie Brown does well they might trade Ricky...if not for a 1st rounder...a player to fill a need.

ironcitychef 05-22-2005 11:19 PM

My gut tells me you, as Miami, always allow Ricky to come back. Why? Cause then it allows you to get the most out of your total investment. Right now they are losing money on him...gave up a lot, Ricky can't pay back a lot, and no one was coming to the games late in the season. So you try shopping him around right now. Teams ask.."so can we talk to Ricky?" All they can say right now is uh, we'll get back to you. You let Ricky back, he serves his sentence, then runs for a quick 85 against say New Orleans while subbing for Ronnie Brown, and teams are now a little more interested. We'll see.:coffee:

BlitzburghRockCity 05-22-2005 11:53 PM

If he comes back, let him play a year, and then try and trade im if he stays healthy and clean.

Steelersfan 05-23-2005 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
If he comes back, let him play a year, and then try and trade im if he stays healthy and clean.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It will take him a year to get back in playing shape.

BlitzburghRockCity 05-23-2005 12:04 AM

The league is probably gonna test him every single day if he comes back.

Steelersfan 05-23-2005 12:14 AM

Doesn't he still have to serve a suspension if he does come back? At least 4 games wasn't it?