Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   File charges against Martha Fleishman (person who hit Ben) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7914)

steelersfan113 06-14-2006 12:21 AM

File charges against Martha Fleishman (person who hit Ben)
 
File charges against Martha Fleishman. If you haven't read my post in Big Ben's motorcycle thread here it is:

Quote:

Unfortunately for him he wasn't wearing his helmet which he was criticized heavily for by virtually everyone. Sure wearing his helmet probably would've prevented some of his injuries. However last time I checked the law said the person who caused the accident is at fault not the person who forgot to wear their safety belt or helmet.

What angers me the most is how no one is lashing out at the truly careless person that hit him. Sure accidents happen, but this lady was negligent enough to not even look forward as she made a turn onto a busy intersection.

If I were Ben's family, I sue her for every penny she has. Not for money but for punishment of her carelessness and the pain she's brought upon so many people. When the report comes out in the next few days, it will confirm the accident was indeed her fault (as explained by eye witnesses).

Her name is Martha Fleishman. Hopefully someone will do the right thing and file charges against her.
If this woman still doesn't receive any of the blame after the accident report comes out, some letters definitely need to be written is all I have to say.

Steelers 06-14-2006 12:28 AM

Re: File charges against Martha Fleishman (person who hit Ben)
 
I couldn't see Ben and Co. taking "every penny she's got" from an old lady, but I think a public apology would be more than appropriate.

steelersfan113 06-14-2006 12:31 AM

Re: File charges against Martha Fleishman (person who hit Ben)
 
I think theres more in order than just a simple apology. Think about what would've happened if he was killed. I think the term would be MAN SLAUGHTER. You're probably right, they won't press charges just to keep a good rep, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't.

Ohio Steeler 06-14-2006 12:33 AM

Re: File charges against Martha Fleishman (person who hit Ben)
 
ok I really dont see Ben going after her for many reason's.. 1 is if he was driving with no DL for the bike that would not look goodon his part and 2nd it would look bad for him to go after a 62 year old lady, How ever I do see her going after him for the no DL thing just cause he is who he is...

Large_Ant 06-14-2006 12:36 AM

Re: File charges against Martha Fleishman (person who hit Ben)
 
You've got to be kidding me. Some old lady makes a mistake and you want her life destroyed? Would you say the same thing if the guy she hit wasn't a coveted member of your favorite football team?

The woman deserves whatever penalty a person who makes an illegal turn gets under Pennsylvania law. Nothing more, nothing less. And she damn sure doesn't owe "a public apology" just because the person she injured happened to be a football star. That's just ridiculous.

And if Roethlisberger the multi-millionaire sues an old lady "for every penny she's got", that would make him a first class chump. He seems like far too classy of a guy to even be thinking about doing something like that. It's more likely that the first thing he'll do if he ever meets the lady is sign an autograph and tell her it's okay.

Quote:

The Portland Press Herald in Maine identified the driver of the 1996 Chrysler New Yorker in the crash as 62-year-old Martha Fleishman. Her husband, Martin Fleishman, said his wife was not hurt.

He said he and his wife wish Roethlisberger "a speedy and complete recovery."
http://www.thewbalchannel.com/sports...p=nationalnews

Steelers 06-14-2006 12:44 AM

Re: File charges against Martha Fleishman (person who hit Ben)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Large_Ant
And she damn sure doesn't owe "a public apology" just because the person she injured happened to be a football star. That's just ridiculous.

I meant in lieu of a fine. Not in addition to. Doesn't sound too rediculous. Like if a certain Pitt student was cited for underage drinking and he did community service and attended a class in lieu of a fine. :cool:

EDIT:
"He said he and his wife wish Roethlisberger "a speedy and complete recovery."
OK That counts.

Steelersfan 06-14-2006 12:56 AM

Re: File charges against Martha Fleishman (person who hit Ben)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by steelersfan113
File charges against Martha Fleishman. If you haven't read my post in Big Ben's motorcycle thread here it is:



If this woman still doesn't receive any of the blame after the accident report comes out, some letters definitely need to be written is all I have to say.

Are you kidding me? I am ashamed to be a Steelers fan right now with a fellow fan saying that crap.

I've been defending Bens legal rights to not wear a helmet if he so chooses on other sites and still believe that he has the right to not wear one if he doesn't want to and thought those calling him an idiot (among other names) were idiots and selfish fans themselves. I would never ask any athlete to give up the right to do things like motorcycles, skiing, etc in there spare time. It's just not right.
Then I heard he was driving without a liscense so now I say Ben was the idiot. Not because he wasn't wearing a helmet but because he shouldn't have been driving the bike period! So guess who's at fault and guess who will probably be the one getting sued?
That's right, Ben.

steelersfan113 06-14-2006 12:56 AM

Re: File charges against Martha Fleishman (person who hit Ben)
 
Ok forget the sueing for money part, since many seem to be hung up on that. What I'm trying to say is everyone is trying to put all the blame on Ben for not wearing his helmet, when this lady isn't even being blammed for the accident which was almost entirely her fault.

What I think should happen?

- She gets several points on her drivers license for wreckless driving.
- She has to go to some driving classes to see if she is still fit to drive (62 yrs old)
- Issue personal apology to Roethisberger and his family taking responsibility for her actions.
- Possible community service

And no I wouldn't care as much if it was someone else. But since it is someone I care about I want this lady prosecuted to the full extent of the law so she gets what she deserves.

Steelersfan 06-14-2006 01:00 AM

Re: File charges against Martha Fleishman (person who hit Ben)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by steelersfan113
Ok forget the sueing for money part, since many seem to be hung up on that. What I'm trying to say is everyone is trying to put all the blame on Ben for not wearing his helmet, when this lady isn't even being blammed for the accident which was almost entirely her fault.

What I think should happen?

- She gets several points on her drivers license for wreckless driving.
- She has to go to some driving classes to see if she is still fit to drive (62 yrs old)
- Issue personal apology to Roethisberger and his family taking responsibility for her actions.
- Possible community service

And no I wouldn't care as much if it was someone else. But since it is someone I care about I want this lady prosecuted to the full extent of the law so she gets what she deserves.

That would all be fine if it was her fault. Too bad Ben decided to drive without a liscense. Now it is all his fault because he should have never been driving to begin with.

steelersfan113 06-14-2006 01:00 AM

Re: File charges against Martha Fleishman (person who hit Ben)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelersfan
Are you kidding me? I am ashamed to be a Steelers fan right now with a fellow fan saying that crap.

I've been defending Bens legal rights to not wear a helmet if he so chooses on other sites and still believe that he has the right to not wear one if he doesn't want to and thought those calling him an idiot (among other names) were idiots and selfish fans themselves. I would never ask any athlete to give up the right to do things like motorcycles, skiing, etc in there spare time. It's just not right.
Then I heard he was driving without a liscense so now I say Ben was the idiot. Not because he wasn't wearing a helmet but because he shouldn't have been driving the bike period! So guess who's at fault and guess who will probably be the one getting sued?
That's right, Ben.

I doubt there will be lawsuits since it's probably not in either party's nature. I'm looking at the legal reprecussions that will be enstated by the police. Ben will probablybe fined for not having a license and this lady who hit him should have her license revoked.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum