Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Browns ready to release Hillis at end of season (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=79263)

stlrtruck 11-05-2011 09:22 AM

Browns ready to release Hillis at end of season

So I was just watching ESPN and they had a highlight that the browns are willing to release Hillis at the end of the season because of his lack of production this season.

:doh:

The way this kid runs, yeah, I'm going to start it. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Black and Gold. He'd be a huge change of pace, big back pound it out in the 4th quarter type back we haven't had since the Bus.

Realistically, I don't see the Steelers going after him.

Stlrs4Life 11-05-2011 07:11 PM

Re: Browns ready to release Hillis at end of season

I too would take him, but at what cost?

stlrtruck 11-05-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life (Post 959222)
I too would take him, but at what cost?

nothing huge. I'd give him a training camp roster spot and let him earn his spot.

But unfortunately, someone would probably over pay for him...like Oakland.

Fire Arians 11-06-2011 02:33 PM

id give him a shot of making the roster too, but he might not make the cut. he's definitely not beating mendenhall or redman. baron batch probably is a definite leg in because we'll need a 3rd down back to replace moore if he retires.

stlrtruck 11-06-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 959378)
id give him a shot of making the roster too, but he might not make the cut. he's definitely not beating mendenhall or redman. baron batch probably is a definite leg in because we'll need a 3rd down back to replace moore if he retires.

He could probably beat out Johnson as a substitute TE

jjpro11 11-07-2011 10:24 PM

are you guys serious? the guy is looking for several million a year.. no way would he take a backup or 3rd string role here and take near vet minimum.. besides.. the guy has turned into a huge ego-maniac and baby. i understand it must suck to play for the Browns, but he's acted as unprofessional as it gets. some team will overpay for him based on last years stats anyways. it will be a mistake because he can't last an entire season.. he was broken down and useless by the end of the season last year.. this year he couldn't even start the season healthy. no thank you.

GMU Steeler 11-08-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjpro11 (Post 960973)
are you guys serious? the guy is looking for several million a year.. no way would he take a backup or 3rd string role here and take near vet minimum.. besides.. the guy has turned into a huge ego-maniac and baby. i understand it must suck to play for the Browns, but he's acted as unprofessional as it gets. some team will overpay for him based on last years stats anyways. it will be a mistake because he can't last an entire season.. he was broken down and useless by the end of the season last year.. this year he couldn't even start the season healthy. no thank you.

I agree and frankly even if he were a good teammate, he's going to be wanting starter money. The first priority this offseason needs to be to extend Wallace.

finesward 11-14-2011 06:58 AM

madden curse?