Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Another Gatorade Bath, Honestly? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=80190)

BleedPurple 11-25-2011 12:32 AM

Another Gatorade Bath, Honestly?
 
And this is coming from a Ravens fan. I found this one to be even more ridiculous. I know it is his brother, and a holiday game (and a great defensive battle), but come on, you just don't give gatorade baths for regular season wins. And this is the second time.

I'm stoked that we won, but I want to see some more poise from the sidelines. . .thoughts? :doh:

ricardisimo 11-25-2011 01:02 AM

Re: Another Gatorade Bath, Honestly?
 
It didn't work out too well the last time, did it? I'd like to see your team do it more often, to tell you the truth. :wink02:

GMU Steeler 11-25-2011 04:31 PM

Re: Another Gatorade Bath, Honestly?
 
Heh yeah it is lame. Be one thing I guess if John were Jim's younger brother and the rookie HC but it's the other way around. I don't get it honestly. You guys are a very good team. Consistently one of the better ones in the conference most years I'd say. Yet your players are acting like they've never been here before which is silly to me.. Not like you're the Bengals or Browns and have been bad but a team that's in the playoffs often than they're not. Honestly, I think gatorade baths should be reserved for something like a division clinching win, playoff win, or of course SB win.

SteelCityMom 11-25-2011 04:37 PM

Re: Another Gatorade Bath, Honestly?
 
Yeah...I'm glad it's not just us that see's how ridiculous it is.

I halfway understood the one against the Steelers, though I still thought it was an extremely arrogant way to celebrate a mid-season win. This on the other hand is just outright silly and even more embarrassing than the first. It's like they don't even know what the Gatorade bath is supposed to symbolize.

Buddha Bus 11-25-2011 04:53 PM

Re: Another Gatorade Bath, Honestly?
 
Maybe we should just be thankful they're taking baths at all? :hunch:

i82much 11-27-2011 11:07 AM

Re: Another Gatorade Bath, Honestly?
 
Just a complete and total non-issue. It's a good sign, they are having fun. Why come here and talk trash about your team behind their back?

BleedPurple 11-27-2011 01:33 PM

Re: Another Gatorade Bath, Honestly?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by i82much (Post 964510)
Just a complete and total non-issue. It's a good sign, they are having fun. Why come here and talk trash about your team behind their back?

Well, I posted about it on the Ravens forums but they seem to all agree with you it is a non-issue. I wanted the perspective of people who don't love the Ravens . . . Also, because that s**t is small-time and my team is way better than that.



Quote:

Originally Posted by GMU Steeler (Post 964356)
Heh yeah it is lame. Be one thing I guess if John were Jim's younger brother and the rookie HC but it's the other way around. I don't get it honestly. You guys are a very good team. Consistently one of the better ones in the conference most years I'd say. Yet your players are acting like they've never been here before which is silly to me.. Not like you're the Bengals or Browns and have been bad but a team that's in the playoffs often than they're not. Honestly, I think gatorade baths should be reserved for something like a division clinching win, playoff win, or of course SB win.

Pretty much what I was saying at the bar on Thanksgiving. Hopefully this is just the younger players being younger players and having fun, and not a team mentality that will end up hurting our SB chances.



Quote:

Originally Posted by SCMom (Post 964358)
I halfway understood the one against the Steelers, though I still thought it was an extremely arrogant way to celebrate a mid-season win.

Yea but here's the thing--if those positions are reversed, Mike Tomlin is NOT getting a gatorade bath. I want to see the same discipline on our sidelines.

SteelCityMom 11-27-2011 01:40 PM

Re: Another Gatorade Bath, Honestly?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedPurple (Post 964518)
Yea but here's the thing--if those positions are reversed, Mike Tomlin is NOT getting a gatorade bath. I want to see the same discipline on our sidelines.

Yup, that was kind of my basis for it as well. And I get that they are young, and had 2 very big reasons to celebrate...but my feeling has always been that if say the Steelers did that, and then lost in like the first or second round of the playoffs, I think I would be ticked about it.

This isn't college ball anymore.

i82much 11-27-2011 01:53 PM

Re: Another Gatorade Bath, Honestly?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedPurple (Post 964518)
Well, I posted about it on the Ravens forums but they seem to all agree with you it is a non-issue. I wanted the perspective of people who don't love the Ravens . . . Also, because that s**t is small-time and my team is way better than that.

Um get over yourself?

tony hipchest 11-27-2011 02:10 PM

Re: Another Gatorade Bath, Honestly?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by i82much (Post 964510)
Just a complete and total non-issue. It's a good sign, they are having fun. Why come here and talk trash about your team behind their back?

if its a good sign of fun and a non-issue, how come you dont see every other team giving golden gatorade showers after every regular season win?

because its a bush league, high school act. it proves theyre more focused on individual accolades and style points.

but thats okay. when they miss the SB once again, it will be just a complete and total non-issue. nobody cares about them.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum